New Computer Wont Post :\

cam1411

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
I am very new to this, so it is possible it is something very simple like a mis matched wire but I went over everything a few times in all of my manuals and now I'm stuck...

When I hit the power button the fans start running for a brief moment, the power button led comes on for a brief moment, and nothing else really happens

I have photos in this album of the entire setup (very sloppy cables was more worried about getting it together for the time being!)

http://s1236.beta.photobucket.com/user/Cameron_Linsky/library/Computer%20probs

Any help is greatly appreciated!

suteck

Distinguished
I know it's a long way around but if you follow the link under my sig it will walk you through each step. Don't skip em because you're probably right about it being something simple. Usually a power connector isn't plugged in correctly. So follow the steps carefully and let us know what fixes it - (or if it doesn't)

ezenelix -try the same thing as it sits on the table.

And both of you, try clearing the cmos incase something went fishy there.

ezenel1x

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013

Is your main power supply to mobo in correctly? Thats what happened to me, but now my gpu fan doesnt work ;(
Hope you get your issue fixed

cam1411

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
fairly certain it is, I only noticed 1 8pin connecter and it is in there pretty well, I didnt have the standoffs in there at first and had to remove everything and replace it, so I know it is in there now at least and doesnt work, also what exactly do the standoffs do because now im worried i killed parts by not putting them on in the first place =[

cam1411

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
I removed the gpu and cmos reset it (battery was under the card) AND IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!

Going to reset and put back in the gpu and still try to boot from the onboard card since I've read that it resets you to that? Anywho now to figure out how to set up the bios haha! First timer ftw!

TRENDING THREADS