Hd6950 1gb running 3d @120hz

megahurtz

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
Hi all,

I just got my self a new samsung s27a950d 120hz 3d monitor pretty cheap still waiting for delivery and my question was this will it be good enough for proper 3d gaming.I know nvidia fans will say amd don't do REAL 3d that's irrelevant to me as i am not concerned by brand but will it work.

system specs are as follow's=
i5 3470 @ 3.4ghz (changed multi to 34)
8 gb corsiar value select 1600mhz ram
6950 1gb
gigabyte h77m-d3h main board
650 watt fpu psu
stock cooling :wahoo:

Solution
It will work, but you pretty much have to check by a game to game basis on how good it will work. Nvidia's 3d is easier to use and is probably compatible with more games but you should get decent results. Remember that 3d is pretty much the game being rendered twice, so with your single gpu you might have to turn settings down to get acceptable performance.

holdingholder

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
It will work, but you pretty much have to check by a game to game basis on how good it will work. Nvidia's 3d is easier to use and is probably compatible with more games but you should get decent results. Remember that 3d is pretty much the game being rendered twice, so with your single gpu you might have to turn settings down to get acceptable performance.

Solution

megahurtz

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013

That's what i was thinking i did pick up another 1gb 6950 of ebay for 100 ill be getting in the next couple of days.The samsung s27 i got is ideal for amd as it supports it out of the box and nvidia needs the 3d vision kit wich add's more expence's.My only other concerne is my h77 board does support xfire but at a crippled rate of x16 and x4 but i guess ill see how it goes if it adds 50% more frames well thats a plus. :whistle: