Repairing mobile

Last response: in Brands
Share
July 8, 2005 8:48:37 PM

Someone's sprayed WD 40 on a mobile phone and now it works, but does
not pick up any sound.

Its an older Nokia. Any clues on how to fix this appreciated.

Thanks

More about : repairing mobile

Anonymous
July 9, 2005 1:20:04 AM

On 8 Jul 2005 16:48:37 -0700, "TT" <t8769@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>Someone's sprayed WD 40 on a mobile phone and now it works, but does
>not pick up any sound.
>
>Its an older Nokia. Any clues on how to fix this appreciated.

you could try cleaning it with electrial spray cleaner. that usualy is
pretty harmless. other then that I bet you would be out of luck,.
Knight-Toolworks
http://www.knight-toolworks.com
affordable handmade wooden planes
Anonymous
July 9, 2005 3:24:56 PM

"Steve knight" <stevek@knight-toolworks.com> wrote in message
> On 8 Jul 2005 16:48:37 -0700, "TT" <t8769@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>
>>Someone's sprayed WD 40 on a mobile phone and now it works, but does
>>not pick up any sound.
>>
>>Its an older Nokia. Any clues on how to fix this appreciated.
>
> you could try cleaning it with electrial spray cleaner. that usualy is
> pretty harmless. other then that I bet you would be out of luck,.

You might try someone with an ultrasonic bath cleaner. Many phone dealers
have these.

Ivor
July 11, 2005 12:46:22 AM

> Someone's sprayed WD 40 on a mobile phone and now it works, but does
> not pick up any sound.
>
> Its an older Nokia. Any clues on how to fix this appreciated.

Chances are the wd40 has gotten behind the mic contacts, or gotten inside
and screwed it.
New microphone... If you're handy with a T6 screwdriver, open it up and
clean the contacts, if that doesn't work, new mic. Shouldn't even cost you
$10 at a repair shop.

-mark
!