Repairing mobile

Someone's sprayed WD 40 on a mobile phone and now it works, but does
not pick up any sound.

Its an older Nokia. Any clues on how to fix this appreciated.

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about repairing mobile

    On 8 Jul 2005 16:48:37 -0700, "TT" <t8769@bigfoot.com> wrote:

    >Someone's sprayed WD 40 on a mobile phone and now it works, but does
    >not pick up any sound.
    >
    >Its an older Nokia. Any clues on how to fix this appreciated.

    you could try cleaning it with electrial spray cleaner. that usualy is
    pretty harmless. other then that I bet you would be out of luck,.
    Knight-Toolworks
    http://www.knight-toolworks.com
    affordable handmade wooden planes

    "Steve knight" <stevek@knight-toolworks.com> wrote in message
    > On 8 Jul 2005 16:48:37 -0700, "TT" <t8769@bigfoot.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Someone's sprayed WD 40 on a mobile phone and now it works, but does
    >>not pick up any sound.
    >>
    >>Its an older Nokia. Any clues on how to fix this appreciated.
    >
    > you could try cleaning it with electrial spray cleaner. that usualy is
    > pretty harmless. other then that I bet you would be out of luck,.

    You might try someone with an ultrasonic bath cleaner. Many phone dealers
    have these.

    Ivor

    > Someone's sprayed WD 40 on a mobile phone and now it works, but does
    > not pick up any sound.
    >
    > Its an older Nokia. Any clues on how to fix this appreciated.

    Chances are the wd40 has gotten behind the mic contacts, or gotten inside
    and screwed it.
    New microphone... If you're handy with a T6 screwdriver, open it up and
    clean the contacts, if that doesn't work, new mic. Shouldn't even cost you
    $10 at a repair shop.

    -mark

Nokia Mobile Western Digital