GREASEMONKEY

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2005

Hey, I'm having a weird problem with my game: Puzz 3D victorian Mansion.
Once you put the puzzle together, your able to walk around insode the house.
The problem is in moving from room to room. To move, you click on screen
where the door is then the picture turns into a video of you walking into the
next room. The problem is that as soon as you get to that next room, right
before allowing you inside, the video starts over. And plays over and over
and over! I can't figure this one out. The game says for Win 95 or
higher and It worked properly on my old Win 95 computer. I ran the
program compatibality wizard, did nothing for me excpet to set the resolution
to 640x480 for the game only. But that didn't fix the problem. Any ideas????

Tahnks,
GreaseMonkey

Hi GreaseMonkey,

Did you choose Windows 95 compatibility mode using this method? ...

Try installing and playing that using 95/98 Compatibility mode.

To install a program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode, hold
down SHIFT as you insert the game CD, use My Computer to browse
to the setup program, and then skip down to step 1 in the list below:

To run an installed program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode,
first right click the program and "Send To..." / Desktop (create shortcut).

1.. Right click on the shortcut to the program.
2.. Click on Properties.
3.. Click on the Compatibility tab.
4.. Click on Run this program in compatibility mode and select one of these:
a.. Windows 95
b.. Windows 98
c.. Windows NT 4
d.. Windows 2000
5.. Under Display settings, check mark the mode that you think that is best:
a.. Run in 256 colors.
b.. Run in 640 X 480 screen resolution.
c.. Disable visual themes.

Click on Apply.Click on Ok.Double click on the program.

Of course, let's not forget to check for any patches or updates for that game.
A good place to find them is: www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a

If you'd like to learn more information about compatibility mode, you can click the
link in the Compatibility tab that reads "Learn more about program compatibility",
or watch this Application Compatibility Power Point Presentation:
http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/webcasts/wc112202/WC112202.ppt

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"GreaseMonkey" <GreaseMonkey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E961E8E1-6218-4C58-A7CF-2F5CB948F05A@microsoft.com...
| Hey, I'm having a weird problem with my game: Puzz 3D victorian Mansion.
| Once you put the puzzle together, your able to walk around insode the house.
| The problem is in moving from room to room. To move, you click on screen
| where the door is then the picture turns into a video of you walking into the
| next room. The problem is that as soon as you get to that next room, right
| before allowing you inside, the video starts over. And plays over and over
| and over! I can't figure this one out. The game says for Win 95 or
| higher and It worked properly on my old Win 95 computer. I ran the
| program compatibality wizard, did nothing for me excpet to set the resolution
| to 640x480 for the game only. But that didn't fix the problem. Any ideas????
|
| Tahnks,
| GreaseMonkey

GREASEMONKEY

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2005

Acctually i've tried every compatibility mode setting for this game and none
of it resolved my issue. The video program used in the game is Quick Time so
i'm trying out different settings and troubleshooters for that but i'm coming
up with nothing. Any other ideas??

thanks :)

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi GreaseMonkey,
>
> Did you choose Windows 95 compatibility mode using this method? ...
>
> Try installing and playing that using 95/98 Compatibility mode.
>
> To install a program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode, hold
> down SHIFT as you insert the game CD, use My Computer to browse
> to the setup program, and then skip down to step 1 in the list below:
>
> To run an installed program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode,
> first right click the program and "Send To..." / Desktop (create shortcut).
>
> 1.. Right click on the shortcut to the program.
> 2.. Click on Properties.
> 3.. Click on the Compatibility tab.
> 4.. Click on Run this program in compatibility mode and select one of these:
> a.. Windows 95
> b.. Windows 98
> c.. Windows NT 4
> d.. Windows 2000
> 5.. Under Display settings, check mark the mode that you think that is best:
> a.. Run in 256 colors.
> b.. Run in 640 X 480 screen resolution.
> c.. Disable visual themes.
>
> Click on Apply.Click on Ok.Double click on the program.
>
> Of course, let's not forget to check for any patches or updates for that game.
> A good place to find them is: www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a
>
> If you'd like to learn more information about compatibility mode, you can click the
> link in the Compatibility tab that reads "Learn more about program compatibility",
> or watch this Application Compatibility Power Point Presentation:
> http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/webcasts/wc112202/WC112202.ppt
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>
> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
> MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
>
> "GreaseMonkey" <GreaseMonkey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E961E8E1-6218-4C58-A7CF-2F5CB948F05A@microsoft.com...
> | Hey, I'm having a weird problem with my game: Puzz 3D victorian Mansion.
> | Once you put the puzzle together, your able to walk around insode the house.
> | The problem is in moving from room to room. To move, you click on screen
> | where the door is then the picture turns into a video of you walking into the
> | next room. The problem is that as soon as you get to that next room, right
> | before allowing you inside, the video starts over. And plays over and over
> | and over! I can't figure this one out. The game says for Win 95 or
> | higher and It worked properly on my old Win 95 computer. I ran the
> | program compatibality wizard, did nothing for me excpet to set the resolution
> | to 640x480 for the game only. But that didn't fix the problem. Any ideas????
> |
> | Tahnks,
> | GreaseMonkey

Hi GreaseMonkey,

Besides reinstalling the game you could check with the manufacturer
to see if they have kept the game up to date with an update/patch.

--

"GreaseMonkey" <GreaseMonkey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6924123-F757-4883-AE5A-CE94D3A3346B@microsoft.com...
> [...]
| >
| > "GreaseMonkey" <GreaseMonkey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | Hey, I'm having a weird problem with my game: Puzz 3D victorian Mansion.
| > | Once you put the puzzle together, your able to walk around insode the house.
| > | The problem is in moving from room to room. To move, you click on screen
| > | where the door is then the picture turns into a video of you walking into the
| > | next room. The problem is that as soon as you get to that next room, right
| > | before allowing you inside, the video starts over. And plays over and over
| > | and over! I can't figure this one out. The game says for Win 95 or
| > | higher and It worked properly on my old Win 95 computer. I ran the
| > | program compatibality wizard, did nothing for me excpet to set the resolution
| > | to 640x480 for the game only. But that didn't fix the problem. Any ideas????
| > |