Running my 27-inch Display with 2560 x 1440

Voltaire1778

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
This might seem a stupid question but...

Whats the minimum Nvidia GPU i would need to run a Dell U2711 on max resolution with a good frame rate?

EzioAs

Distinguished
It actually depends on the games you play. You'll want a GTX670 to start, it can run high on some demanding games. Maybe 2 if you plan on max settings with better framerates.

Voltaire1778

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
I was actually thinking a single EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2 maybe on games like Crysis 2 and planetside 2.

I know its a top card but will it give me a decent fps with such a high resolution with settings turned way up?

EzioAs

Distinguished
On crysis 2, I think if you set Shading to extreme instead of ultra and other settings maxed, it'll have no problem. I don't know about planetside 2 though

Anyway, the 680 will give you good performance in most games. Just keep your expectations reasonable and realistic.

What's your PC specs? You want to make sure you're not bottlenecking the card and/or your psu have enough power

Voltaire1778

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
"deja vu, every question becomes a repeat eventually" Yeah sorry I should just check the forums more ^^

CPU i5 3570k
RAM 8GB
MoBo AsRock Z77
PSU Corsair HX850

Yea I would agree a 670 with 4 gigabytes of ram perhaps to help out with that load of 1440p would help. 2 would help if you wanted more steady settings at 1440p but yea as a starter a 670 would be good from a Nvidia side of things.

I can agree with that normally AA+AF is just eye candy anyway it doesn't really make a whole lot of different it seems in games I turn it on most of the time now to avoid tearing honestly for getting frames well beyond what my screen can handle.

Well the purpose of AA is really to smooth objects out. So I'm not sure definition really fixes that. Internally the game will use your graphics card to smooth out jagged edges to make items look more smooth more defined. It's not necessary if you want more of that I would get a 2nd card.

TRENDING THREADS