Sign in with
Your question

Netgear N300 Wirless USB Adapter Help Please

Last response: in Networking
February 21, 2012 1:05:44 AM

I just bought the Netgear N150 today, used it for 20 minutes and returned it to radio shack as I could barely hit 50kbs d/ls.

I now have the N300 Wireless Adapter, the box has claims of gaming performance, high download speeds...the works. ..yet I have seen no representation of that,

I can't keep a steady download speed, it spikes anywhere from 100 bytes a seconds to 500 k/bs. I am 15 feet from router.

Browsing is just as terrible as download speeds.

I used the install disk that came with the adapter, didn't install their networking software as it layers the connection and makes it even worse. So I just installed the driver from disk and opted to use windows networking.

I could really use any help that anyone may have too offer, I hope to get this problem resolved.

Here is a pic of my network info if it helps:
February 21, 2012 4:22:18 PM

Are you in an area with lots of other wifi devices? Microwave oven near the router or computer?

Ethernet on the same PC works well?

Try getting the drivers from Netgear's support page instead of using the disk. Drivers in packages are often out-dated.
February 21, 2012 7:33:26 PM

I have this same wireless usb adapter and mine works fine. I never get dropped from games, BF3 plays smooth constantly, no lag. When i download anything (ie games off steam) i get atleast a constant 700kb/s. You might have environmental problems like Hang suggested, and i would second Hang's other suggestions as well.
!