Catalyst Control Center installs..weirdly?

RatchetSK

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Hello,

I just reinstalled Vista 32bit to Win8 32bit (damn you Windows Upgrader, wont let me choose 64bit version) and wanted to install Catalyst Control Center.

My specs:
i7 920
Asus P6T Deluxe
3GB 1x3 DDR3 1333MHz RAM
Gainward ATI HD4870x2
Win8 32bit
Other specs are irrelevant i think...

The issue is, as i install the Install Manager and get everything running, the instalation completes and im left with only the Install Manager. Nothing else, Catalyst Control Center's folder is empty and im unable to run it, it just wont install. Ive read multiple guides to ensure myself im doing stuff correctly, nothing helped.

Am i just plain retarded, or is there any known issue with it?

did you run it before or after you ran the intel chipset update drivers from intel and rebooted?? with a clean install of windows you may be missing the mb chipset drivers. also are you using the ati driver from the old cd or from ati web page?? with windows 8 sometime to get things install right you have to right click and tell windows 8 to run the installer as admin.

RatchetSK

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Ups, i didnt install the Intel chipset update driver... Im using the latest driver from ATI webpage, the CCC 12.10 i think it was. And yeah, i was running it as an admin.

RatchetSK

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
So i installed the Intel chipset, redownloaded the AMD driver legacy 12.6 and new 12.10, ran them as admin, none would install. Man this is getting frustrating.