Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

AMD Gaming Build ok ?

Last response: in Systems
Share
March 5, 2013 4:34:18 AM

This is my build & is it good for Gaming & will it get 60+ FPS in games

Case > Corsair Obsidian 650D
CPU > AMD FX8350 Black Edition 8 Core Processor @4.5Ghz
GPU > Gigabyte GeForce GTX 690 4GB
RAM > Kingston XMP Beast 16GB 2400MHz
Motherboard > Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
Hard Drive 1 > 2TB WD Caviar Black
Hard Drive 2 > Corsair 240GB SSD
PSU > Corsair HX850 Professional Series HX 850W
CPU Cooler > Corsair H100i
OS > Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

More about : amd gaming build

March 5, 2013 4:37:33 AM

Are you planning on going AMD all the way?
March 5, 2013 4:40:48 AM

Not sure how great quality corsair ssd are, but you could get a samsung 840 pro for $229 ($10 less than the corsair on pcpartpicker unless you're getting it for a good deal)
Unless you plan to SLI the gtx690 (lol), get a 600w psu.
Related resources
March 5, 2013 4:47:54 AM

realchaos said:
Not sure how great quality corsair ssd are, but you could get a samsung 840 pro for $229 ($10 less than the corsair on pcpartpicker unless you're getting it for a good deal)
Unless you plan to SLI the gtx690 (lol), get a 600w psu.


i'm getting the SSD cheap and the 850w PSU is if i get another 690 down the line. But is the build good for gaming with 60+ FPS in games like BF3 ?
March 5, 2013 4:52:30 PM

ViperSix said:
i'm getting the SSD cheap and the 850w PSU is if i get another 690 down the line. But is the build good for gaming with 60+ FPS in games like BF3 ?


If you're paying that much for a gaming rig, IMO, there's no reason to go AMD. Plus that motherboard is ridiculously expensive. And dual GTX 670s are cheaper than the 690 and give you equivalent performance. But dual 7970's would be better than that.

Quote:
Not sure how great quality corsair ssd are, but you could get a samsung 840 pro for $229 ($10 less than the corsair on pcpartpicker unless you're getting it for a good deal)


I've heard good things about the Neutron, but I'd stay away from the Force 3. Even still I'd get the OCZ Vector or Samsung 840 Pro over those.

Here is what I would suggest:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($95.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($192.86 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) ($445.91 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire) ($445.91 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Switch 810 (White) ATX Full Tower Case ($179.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($145.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($21.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $2048.57
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-03-05 13:52 EST-0500)
March 5, 2013 11:34:41 PM

Even though he would get better performance out of intel, I think he wants to stick with AMD to support them, hence the title AMD Gaming Build. But if he is willing to go to intel, ASRock Z77 Extreme4 motherboard is fine for $60 cheaper.
March 6, 2013 1:57:02 AM

why would you build an intel i5 build when Crysis 3 benchmarks show even the FX6300 beating i5's


and the only thing beating an FX 8350 are top end socket 2011 intels that cost 5 times as much
March 6, 2013 2:05:27 AM

Outlander_04 said:
why would you build an intel i5 build when Crysis 3 benchmarks show even the FX6300 beating i5's


and the only thing beating an FX 8350 are top end socket 2011 intels that cost 5 times as much



Hi, i like the FX-6300, it's a good budget cpu, but to say it's better than the i5 :pfff: 

As you can see here, the top cpu from amd gets lower min fps vs a mid range i5 :
March 6, 2013 2:47:31 AM

properbuilds said:
Hi, i like the FX-6300, it's a good budget cpu, but to say it's better than the i5 :pfff: 

As you can see here, the top cpu from amd gets lower min fps vs a mid range i5 :
http://media.bestofmicro.com/O/M/375430/original/Crysis3-CPU.png



Benchmarks are specific to the components used in the computer and the set up of the game

but if you head over to google and search for
"crysis 3 cpu benchmark"
you will find results like those i mentioned
!