GTX 650 OC VS Sapphire AMD Radeon HD7770

I think you're overstating that just slightly with "terrible" and "absolutely destroys". Yes the 7770 is faster on average than a non-OC GTX650, but by maybe 10-15% at best. So enough to turn 30fps into 33-34fps. Not sure that constitutes absolute destruction. Anyway, what company is behind the GTX650 you found? I avoid Sapphire after a history of bad experiences with them. I've owned three and all three died on me. But I was maybe just unlucky with them.

mykebrian

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012

don't blame your carelessness on sapphire. it's a good brand. i'm using a 6770 right, been a year already. oc'd and it didn't die.

What carelessness? Did I say anything about overclocking? Don't be a moron. They were all running at stock.

Compared to a HD7770, the 650Ti is faster, the 650 is slower. The HD7770 should overclock pretty well too.
Also, you can Crossfire a pair of HD7770s. You cannot SLI a pair of GTX650Tis. You don't get SLI with nVidia until you step up to the GTX660.

Lordfirex

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013

its a Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 650 thats the OC

Sumukh_Bhagat

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012

They are but As they have introduced "Voltage Lock" in most of their cards, I escape them.

A GPU with 3 fans could be a Beast Overclocker but with Voltage Lock its just a Cool Card :lol:

Yeah a lot of people are talking about voltage locks, but it seemed like a lot of GPU overclockers (even Radeon overclockers) on here were overclocking without overvolting anyway? It's not like it's impossible to overclock without overvolting.

mykebrian

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012

i didn't say u oc'd it idiot. i'm just telling you it's your fault your video cards aren't working anymore

What? They were each running fine for 2-3 years, then they stopped working. They were never overclocked, I didn't even touch them. They just died. First one the fan stopped spinning so card was overheating and system was crashing. The second just stopped outputting a signal to the monitor. The third was faulty but working for a couple of months (games became ultra blurry when MSAA was enabled) and then completely stopped outputting a signal.

Each card died within a few months of the warranty expiring. So if you upgrade every year anyway or every two years, wouldn't be an issue. But if you want it to last longer than the warranty, that's where I had problems. Obviously not everyone has problems or nobody would buy Sapphires any more. But I've owned three and all three died. With absolutely no overclocking, not even touched.