Looking for Help for my First Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

archon20

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2013
I am a college student that is looking for help towards my first build. I have researched a lot on this subject and I have even attempted to pick parts that I may want.

I play games, but not as hardcore. I would really like being able to play League of Legends, StarCraft II, The Sims, SimCity, etc. Other than that I will play a game on my Xbox rather than my computer. So I do not need a very expensive graphics card. I need help in this area the most!

I also program and sometimes have to run a lot of loops just for testing some code. Also I would love if WinRar and Photoshop and Video editing were faster, which is why I chose the i7-3770k processor. However if I am wasting my money, then please do speak up! I will appreciate it later.

Also for the motherboard I want my motherboard to be able to fully mount on the case. Therefore I went with a Extreme6 over Extereme4 motherboard. Again, please do convince me if I'm wasting money, but I don't think $30 is that much more to spend on a motherboard.

I am open to any other case recommendations. I would prefer that looks nice.

I researched a bit into Liquid Cooling, and I would like to experiment with it for my first build, and attempt to get the most out of my processor. Therefore I chose this liquid cooling kit http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16891/ex-wat-219/XSPC_Raystorm_750_RS240_Extreme_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_New_Rev_4_Pump_Included_w_Free_Dead-Water.html?tl=g30c83s137#blank
I am open to any more suggestions on that end as well!

I want to try the new SSD technology and experience fast boots so thats why I included the Samsung 250GB ssd.

Lastly, I watch blu-ray movies on my computer and want a bluray player with a dvd writer and cd writer.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme6 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($159.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($83.72 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($186.22 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower Case ($101.97 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: LG UH12NS29 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer ($49.98 @ Outlet PC)
Other: Liquid Cooling ($150.00)
Total: $961.86
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-03-05 02:34 EST-0500)

There are the parts!

Thanks you in advance

EDIT:

I want to try to buy another SSD drive later and possibly attempt to run Mac OS X and Windows 8 if possible

also my budget is around $1500