PC won't start

bryce325

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
My computer has been working without flaws for almost a year now and out of no where it won't start up.

The lights come on, the fans whirl but the computer doesn't boot. Neither the beep or anything appearing on screen.

The weird thing is that sometimes it does start although it takes a minute everything starts up. Right now is one of those times it won't boot up. Usually if I attempt it enough times it will come on eventually but no luck today.

I do not have spare parts I can switch out to test what works and what doesn't.

MotherBoard: Gigabyte 990xa-ud3
Processor: AMD FX 4100
PSU: Everest 1010

cakekindel

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Reseat the CPU and the external graphics card if there is one. Make absolute sure the monitor's working properly and check all the power connectors to make sure there aren't any loose connections.

cakekindel

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
If your power supply's modular (wires removable from the power supply itself), then check that, too. Also Unplug/plug back in HDD Just to be safe. Good luck!! Crossing my fingers for you!

bryce325

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Considering I am not getting to the post beep that it is not a gpu related problem, same thing with the HDD. I also disconnected and connected every power cord internally/externally to no avail.

I just tried reseating the cpu but no success.