Not sure what PSU to get

Kevfactor

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
Here is my current system and i want to make a 2nd pc but this time i want something that's not as loud and is super powerful but doesn't require too much power consu

current build that i made in 2009 i think.
1st gen i7 -think its a 920 co
graphics card - gtx 670
case - antex 1200
ram - 16gb Sniper 1.25 volts which i found out isn't compatible with my mobo without some voltage and timing adjustments hehe
Capture card- live gamer hd
Sound card- fatal1ty titanium
CPU cooler- Moonson lt 3
Mobo- Evga classified (always have to get the red ones that looks like it's made for gamers haha)
PSU - SILVERSTONE OP1000-E 1000W ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS 12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply (think this was overkill and it eats the electricy. of course the pc is pretty power hugnery still hehe)

stuff that i will be stripping from this build to the new pc is the graphics card and ram but i i will get the old computer back up for back up, storage and will use it for long tasks such as rendering, moving files or burnig a dvd :)

Stuff i plan on getting and probably spending a bit mroe than i need to!
ASUS Maximus V FORMULA LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770K

Corsair Obsidian Series Black 550D Mid Tower Computer Case (CC-9011015-WW

Pref stores btw: amazon, newegg

the over all goal of the pc is to be powerful but a lot more quiet and energy efficient over the last build.
i'm just not exactly sure on the PSU to get. the last one i was planning the pc out, somone showed me this website that had all the tiers of the psu's and this one was like 2nd from top without being too expensive so i got that one lol. along with the whole rail stuff that i know nothing about i see a lot of gold and silver stuff now and not sure what that is. i want something that's going to be energy efficient but can overcloak down the road if i choose to :)