What's new in PC Suite 6.6?

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
July 9, 2005 7:19:02 PM

Has anyone with a Nokia 6230 upgraded from PC Suite 6.5 to 6.6? Is there
anything new in it that makes it worth upgrading? TIA

--

\/ L /\ D

More about : suite

July 17, 2005 1:08:17 AM

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 15:19:02 -0400, "Vlad Andreyev" <vlad@atlantech.net>
wrote:

>Has anyone with a Nokia 6230 upgraded from PC Suite 6.5 to 6.6? Is there
>anything new in it that makes it worth upgrading? TIA

It's worth it. My phone actually connects without problems not. As soon as
my phone comes into range of my Bluetooth device, the software lets me know
and asks me (my preferred settings) if I want to update my contacts and
stuff.

@charter.net (hlherron)
July 17, 2005 5:36:04 AM

yeah. alot. higher resonnance, better speed, but clarity not improved
- still a diminished ultra-low humming freq.
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 6:18:38 PM

Hi "Vlad Andreyev"

<vlad@atlantech.net> wrote in message
news:o IGdnbEJqrGBvk3fRVn-3A@comcast.com...

> Has anyone with a Nokia 6230 upgraded from PC Suite 6.5 to 6.6? Is there
> anything new in it that makes it worth upgrading? TIA

Blimey, overwhelmed with replies

--

(º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
«.·°·. Steve .·°·.»

FYI,
upgraded from 6.5 to 6.6 using a 6610 and it won't synchronize contacts to
Outlook. Deleted all of them on the phone except ones assigned speed dials
(!!) and left them untouched on OL2000 (at least).
Back to 6.5 for the foreseeable future.
Spyro

"Vlad Andreyev" <vlad@atlantech.net> wrote in message
news:o IGdnbEJqrGBvk3fRVn-3A@comcast.com...
> Has anyone with a Nokia 6230 upgraded from PC Suite 6.5 to 6.6? Is there
> anything new in it that makes it worth upgrading? TIA
>
> --
>
> \/ L /\ D

July 26, 2005 1:09:57 AM

I've had just the same problem with a 6680 and Outlook XP.

Can't believe the product got released in this state. I spent literally
hours on the problem before I even considered that the upgrade itself was
defective. I was sure the phone had got itself in a state.

"Spyro" <spyro_dot_cotsonis@wanadoo_dot_fr> wrote in message
> FYI,
> upgraded from 6.5 to 6.6 using a 6610 and it won't synchronize contacts to
> Outlook. Deleted all of them on the phone except ones assigned speed dials
> (!!) and left them untouched on OL2000 (at least).
> Back to 6.5 for the foreseeable future.
> Spyro
>
> "Vlad Andreyev" <vlad@atlantech.net> wrote in message
> news:o IGdnbEJqrGBvk3fRVn-3A@comcast.com...
>> Has anyone with a Nokia 6230 upgraded from PC Suite 6.5 to 6.6? Is there
>> anything new in it that makes it worth upgrading? TIA
>>
>> --
>>
>> \/ L /\ D

July 27, 2005 8:47:50 PM

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:52:51 +0200, "Spyro"
<spyro_dot_cotsonis@wanadoo_dot_fr> wrote:

>FYI,
>upgraded from 6.5 to 6.6 using a 6610 and it won't synchronize contacts to
>Outlook. Deleted all of them on the phone except ones assigned speed dials
>(!!) and left them untouched on OL2000 (at least).
>Back to 6.5 for the foreseeable future.
>Spyro

Before you synchronize your contacts, make sure that the correct folder is
selected. I had the same problem before I started checking everything and
found the issue. My only savings was I always back up my entries to my
internal memory before I make any serious changes.

@charter.net (hlherron)
July 29, 2005 12:46:34 AM

Henry,
thanks for the pointer, but that was of course the first thing I did. I even
changed to another "Contacts" folder, synchronized, then changed back to the
good one .... no go.
Spyro
PS. Doesn't everyone make daily backups?!?!?! ;)

"Henry" <@charter.net (hlherron)> wrote in message
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:52:51 +0200, "Spyro"
> <spyro_dot_cotsonis@wanadoo_dot_fr> wrote:
>
>>FYI,
>>upgraded from 6.5 to 6.6 using a 6610 and it won't synchronize contacts to
>>Outlook. Deleted all of them on the phone except ones assigned speed dials
>>(!!) and left them untouched on OL2000 (at least).
>>Back to 6.5 for the foreseeable future.
>>Spyro
>
> Before you synchronize your contacts, make sure that the correct folder is
> selected. I had the same problem before I started checking everything and
> found the issue. My only savings was I always back up my entries to my
> internal memory before I make any serious changes.
>

> @charter.net (hlherron)
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 12:19:03 PM

Same story for me. 6230, FW4.44, 6.6 does not allow to select Outlook
folders, worse, it completely freezes if you hit the choose folders
button, sync is speeded up, but only works in one direction most of the
time. I stepped back to 6.5, which only works for one time after NT
login, then hangs. But selection of folders and sync works then as
designed. Looks like I have to log in freshly before any sync and wait
for minimum 6.7 to get a fully functional version of this app..... ;^(

Klaus
!