What's new in PC Suite 6.6?

Has anyone with a Nokia 6230 upgraded from PC Suite 6.5 to 6.6? Is there
anything new in it that makes it worth upgrading? TIA

--

\/ L /\ D
9 answers Last reply

    asdf

    --
    mikejung24

    On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 15:19:02 -0400, "Vlad Andreyev" <vlad@atlantech.net>
    wrote:

    >Has anyone with a Nokia 6230 upgraded from PC Suite 6.5 to 6.6? Is there
    >anything new in it that makes it worth upgrading? TIA

    It's worth it. My phone actually connects without problems not. As soon as
    my phone comes into range of my Bluetooth device, the software lets me know
    and asks me (my preferred settings) if I want to update my contacts and
    stuff.

    @charter.net (hlherron)

    yeah. alot. higher resonnance, better speed, but clarity not improved
    - still a diminished ultra-low humming freq.

    Hi "Vlad Andreyev"

    <vlad@atlantech.net> wrote in message

    > Has anyone with a Nokia 6230 upgraded from PC Suite 6.5 to 6.6? Is there
    > anything new in it that makes it worth upgrading? TIA

    Blimey, overwhelmed with replies

    --

    (º·.¸(¨*·.¸ ¸.·*¨)¸.·º)
    «.·°·. Steve .·°·.»

    FYI,
    upgraded from 6.5 to 6.6 using a 6610 and it won't synchronize contacts to
    Outlook. Deleted all of them on the phone except ones assigned speed dials
    (!!) and left them untouched on OL2000 (at least).
    Back to 6.5 for the foreseeable future.
    Spyro

    "Vlad Andreyev" <vlad@atlantech.net> wrote in message
    > Has anyone with a Nokia 6230 upgraded from PC Suite 6.5 to 6.6? Is there
    > anything new in it that makes it worth upgrading? TIA
    >
    > --
    >
    > \/ L /\ D

    I've had just the same problem with a 6680 and Outlook XP.

    Can't believe the product got released in this state. I spent literally
    hours on the problem before I even considered that the upgrade itself was
    defective. I was sure the phone had got itself in a state.

    "Spyro" <spyro_dot_cotsonis@wanadoo_dot_fr> wrote in message
    > FYI,
    > upgraded from 6.5 to 6.6 using a 6610 and it won't synchronize contacts to
    > Outlook. Deleted all of them on the phone except ones assigned speed dials
    > (!!) and left them untouched on OL2000 (at least).
    > Back to 6.5 for the foreseeable future.
    > Spyro
    >
    > "Vlad Andreyev" <vlad@atlantech.net> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone with a Nokia 6230 upgraded from PC Suite 6.5 to 6.6? Is there
    >> anything new in it that makes it worth upgrading? TIA
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> \/ L /\ D

    On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:52:51 +0200, "Spyro"
    <spyro_dot_cotsonis@wanadoo_dot_fr> wrote:

    >FYI,
    >upgraded from 6.5 to 6.6 using a 6610 and it won't synchronize contacts to
    >Outlook. Deleted all of them on the phone except ones assigned speed dials
    >(!!) and left them untouched on OL2000 (at least).
    >Back to 6.5 for the foreseeable future.
    >Spyro

    Before you synchronize your contacts, make sure that the correct folder is
    selected. I had the same problem before I started checking everything and
    found the issue. My only savings was I always back up my entries to my
    internal memory before I make any serious changes.

    @charter.net (hlherron)

    Henry,
    thanks for the pointer, but that was of course the first thing I did. I even
    changed to another "Contacts" folder, synchronized, then changed back to the
    good one .... no go.
    Spyro
    PS. Doesn't everyone make daily backups?!?!?! ;)

    "Henry" <@charter.net (hlherron)> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:52:51 +0200, "Spyro"
    > <spyro_dot_cotsonis@wanadoo_dot_fr> wrote:
    >
    >>FYI,
    >>upgraded from 6.5 to 6.6 using a 6610 and it won't synchronize contacts to
    >>Outlook. Deleted all of them on the phone except ones assigned speed dials
    >>(!!) and left them untouched on OL2000 (at least).
    >>Back to 6.5 for the foreseeable future.
    >>Spyro
    >
    > Before you synchronize your contacts, make sure that the correct folder is
    > selected. I had the same problem before I started checking everything and
    > found the issue. My only savings was I always back up my entries to my
    > internal memory before I make any serious changes.
    >

    > @charter.net (hlherron)

    Same story for me. 6230, FW4.44, 6.6 does not allow to select Outlook
    folders, worse, it completely freezes if you hit the choose folders
    button, sync is speeded up, but only works in one direction most of the
    time. I stepped back to 6.5, which only works for one time after NT
    login, then hangs. But selection of folders and sync works then as
    designed. Looks like I have to log in freshly before any sync and wait
    for minimum 6.7 to get a fully functional version of this app..... ;^(

    Klaus

Nokia