Hitachi CML174sx

bob_hepple

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2003
My new hitachi lcd monitor arrived from overerclockers.co.uk it arrived with dead pixels 1double and 1 single (Red & Blue) they did'nt want to know so I rang Hitachi U.K and they dont want to know, they say it is acceptable I say it is right in the centre of the screen and is not acceptable. TAKE HEED people if you get dead pix youve had it. wish I 'd bought a Iyama now.

FiL

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002
Iiyama wont replace single dead pixels either mate. and their panels are just as likely to contain them.

Personally I'd recommend Samsung for LCD monitors, but every monitor could contain dead pixels, and all the manufacturers won't replace them on the first one or two dead pixels. So don't think Iiyama are great and Hitachi bad.

However if your monitor does have a certain number of dead pixels then you will be allowed a replacement.

bob_hepple

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2003
have tried to get hitachi to replace screen but they will not they say 1 double and a single do not represent a fault it has to be 2 doubles or 6 singles before they do anything.

FiL

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002
that's correct, ALL the companies have similar policies, in that there is a threshold of acceptable dead pixels.

To be honest you should have known this before you bought any LCD screen.

bob_hepple

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2003
I dont have a problem with policies I do have a problem when dead pix are in the centre of the screen then this is a pix beyond the pail, surely there is a point when the screen is not justerfyable a screen when the nature of its use is in question (phew)

bob_hepple

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2003
after alot of crying hitachi have replaced my defective monitor I think it was because the dead pix were in the centre of the screen and were red WELL DONE HITACHI