Sign in with
Your question

Which is best for me? HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 15, 2013 2:09:38 PM

I am going to buy an Asus VH236H Monitor soon. My TV is great quality, but I have a great computer deserving of great monitor haha. My Graphics Card supports DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI; the monitor supports HDMI and DVI only, but I know that there are the DP to HDMI/DVI, so that's why it's included.
My card is an EVGA GTX 660 SC
1920 x 1080 Res.
I'm wondering which would be best for gaming, as that is basically the only thing that I do with it. I watch Blu-Rays occasionally as well.
I don't care about the fact that HDMI can carry audio, I have a sound system. I just want the best graphics quality.
I didn't think that HDMI could handle 1920 X 1080, but I read today that it could. I figured that DVI would be best, isn't it the fastest? I don't know much about graphics and such, so I'm not going to pretend to haha. I just know the basics, but any information would be great.
Thanks

More about : hdmi dvi displayport

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 15, 2013 2:36:31 PM

Use DVI or hdmi, whichever is cheaper. At that res and 60hz it won't make a diference.
January 15, 2013 2:39:22 PM

wanderer11 said:
Use DVI or hdmi, whichever is cheaper. At that res and 60hz it won't make a diference.

Alright, thanks. I'm probably going to go with DVI, because I just remembered that I'd like to have my XBox plugged into the monitor as well.
a c 119 U Graphics card
a c 78 C Monitor
January 15, 2013 2:46:17 PM

At your resolution and refresh rate, all of them are effectively the same. Image quality is the same between them.
Its only when you start talking big resolutions, faster refresh rates and multiple monitors does it become important which one you use.

Just use whichever is most convenient.
!