Hp DVD writer 1270t
CM hyper n520 cold cooler
CM 690 ii advanced mid tower case with clear side panel
6CM green led 120mm case fan

What do you think?

Flightsimluke

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
I would reconsider. If your spending that much, despite being an AMD fanboy I recommend that you go for a Z77 Motherboard with an i5-3570k. It pretty easily outperforms the Phenom 6 core. That case with those fans will look like an Nvidia Setup. It has no impact on performance but personally I would be convinced to put blue fans on an intel+ATi system, red fans on an AMD+ATi System and green fans on anything with an Nvidia GPU. Is that last bit weird?

Advicar

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Not in the least bit weird haha. If I would like to play games, and record videos at the same time, could I do it with the Phenom 6 core? I'm am not the biggest "Tech Person" so thats why I joined here. (Love this website BTW) :D

Flightsimluke

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
Well, the Phenom 6 Core would be enough, but it's getting on a bit. There are much newer models that are faster, cheaper and use less power. The FX-8320 is a great CPU and is easily overclockable, overclocking being the art of getting more out of your CPU. That 990fx motherboard on your list is great by the way.

The last thing is (I promise this is the last thing!) the HD 6870 is a model behind, although it is still a very good graphics card. The power supply is sufficient, and that case is certainly a looker! The system with these changes would be fast and able to handle even the latest games. Good luck!