HP elitebook 8460p wont allow second display

drenfro87

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
I am working with a client who has a projector that was working with their old computers. as soon as they switched to the elitebook 8460p it stopped working. what it looks like on the screen is that it is flipping back and forth between the two screens and does not know which one is the correct settings. I have tried updating the graphics drive on the computer with no luck. I have tried going to the CCC to mirror, extend, or display on the second screen with no avail. I have tried all of these using the keyboard short cut and i have tried to set it up as a eyefinity display. any help would be appreciated. Thank You!

ikaz

Distinguished
Have you tried the monitor function key ? Hold down the "FN" on the lower left hand side of the keyboard then press the F4 key. This cycles throw the laptop display and the external display port. I use the same model at laptop at work and never had any problems with a projector ( there are at least several hundred in my local area for the enterprise company I work with).

drenfro87

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

Yes that was the shortcut i was referring to. It does the same thing. It is a Epson projector going through a VGA port if that helps at all.