Building a new system ~1000€

Nirvana 05

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
Hey Guys!

I'm going to replace my current system in the next few weeks, it's a 3 year old i5-750 build, still runs pretty well but I got a great offer on it and will therefore sell it and upgrade.

Main uses will be gaming and some not-too-fancy simulations and CAD work. I'd like OC capabilities.

Alright, so lets get on with this:

IMPORTANT: I can salvage some parts of my current build which includes the CPU cooler (Scythe Katana 3) and a 250GB Samsung SSD. My Budget for the rest of the Parts is about 1000€ (If you get prices from Newegg or other US sites, the budget would be about 1100$ due to pricing differences)

CPU: i5-3570K,[216,20€] from what I've seen so far, this seems to be the CPU of choice these days.

MoBo: No preferences, something proven and reliable...

RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Currently I got Corsair, but I'm open for anything. Should be 1333 and 1600 capable.

GPU: Here I am absolutely clueless, however I prefer a single card, for easier upgrades.

HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black [79,61€] or something similar.

ODD: LG 24x DVD+-RW [20,90€] Just something that read/writes the occasional DVD.

PSU: Corsair TX650. [81,89€] I have a Corsair TX650 at the moment, well built, good price and Corsair has great customer service as well, so why not get it again?

Case: Always used Coolermaster so far, looking for maybe a Midi-Tower this time, however the Katana has to fit in.

Current Cost: 398,60€/1000€ (602,40€ left)

I hope you can help me out, I'll update the specs as I'll get more info.

Thanks in advance!