My computer won't turn on (parts installed)

indianocean

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
Hello

I am building my own computer, for the very first time. I will start telling my spec:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570 - 3.4 GHz - 4 cores - 4 tråde - 6 MB cache

MB: ASUS P8Z77-V LX2 - Bundkort - ATX - LGA1155 Socket - Z77

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2 x 8 GB KØBT

Harddisk – SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 120 GB KØBT

PSU: CoolerMaster Silent Pro M2 720W - Strømforsyning ( intern )

Kabinet: Geh CoolerMaster Elite RC-K380-KWN1 (B)

GFX Card: ASUS - Grafikkort - 2 GB GDDR5 - 2 x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort

My problem is, that I have installed everything and it does not work. CPU, Stockcooler, the coolers fan into CPU_FAN socket.

The motherboard has been installed, with 6 standoffs, and the rams are inserted.

For now, I dismounted SSD and GFX card because it just took space while im trying to make this work. However, when it was inserted it's green light led lit up, so it did get power.

The motherboard green LED is also lit, so that gets power too. The 24pin from the PSU is installed onto the motherboard 24pin slot (even tho the wire only have 23 pins actually).

The 4 power switches are installed into the FPANEL according to the manual, but it won't power up. even tho im 99% percent sure, i installed them correctly, + i have tried 1000 combinations.

I tried to install my 4 power switches from my new computer/kabinet into my old computers motherboard and used it's powerswitch. Using the powerswitch of my new computer/cabinet did make my old computer turn on, and the LED's etc in my new computer/cabinet was lit up. So I guess that means, the wireing in my new computer/cabinet works.

Any ideas :( ??? will be very appreciated :)

indianocean

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
BTW i just tried my old computers PSU in my new build but that wouldnt turn on my system either. that indicates the PSU is not the problem. to make sure i tested my NEW PSU in my old computer, and it COULD power it! so the PSU seems to be working..

atm im suspecting my motherboard, but it does light green when it gets power, and im 99% sure the powersw, ldd, etc is put in correctly in, so i dont understand why it doesnt work.. could it be broken from factory even tho the green led is lit?