Sign in with
Your question

Youtube is there a legal way to make HP customers be told all details before buy

Tags:
  • Drivers
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Printers
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
March 17, 2012 5:05:06 PM

I bought an HP Vision computer from Fry's (on sale for $575.00) a few months ago with a Window's 7 operating system. About 4 months after I purchased it my HP PSC 2175xi all-in-one printer stopped working. I had recently purchased a 2 pack of color and 1 pack of black printer cartridges costing about $100.00.
Since then I have been on the phone with HP to find remedy, and they have told me that the only thing that I can do is to purchase a new printer because they don't make a driver to support my printer.

Trust me, if I had known that they were going to make me purchase a new printer in addition to my new computer, then I wouldn't have bought it.

These products are made in other countries. There appears to be no recourse. After talking to several HP people, they put me on with a person in the Philippines???????????????
One thing about it, if the product is made in another country then it makes it a bit harder to complain.

In 2007, I bought a Plasma Samsung tv with cables costing right at $4,000.00. The tv lasted about 4 years. One day it just went black. Then I find out that I had no recourse. I found on the internet that others buying this particular tv had the same problem.
Trust me if I had been told that the plasma tv, or this particular model would be burn out 4 years later then I would never have bought it.

Is there any help for this?????????? In advance thanks for your time and attention to this ongoing problem with products made outside of the US.

Sincerely upset (wunderstanding@att.net)

More about : youtube legal make customers told details buy

a b \ Driver
a b α HP
a b $ Windows 7
March 17, 2012 6:25:37 PM

Hi :) 

You CAN VIDEO your complaint and put it on Youtube....

HP CAN sue you for doing it...

AND WILL...

Youtube will then remove it as legal action is outstanding...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
March 17, 2012 6:31:17 PM

If you go to HP web site, they have drivers for both32 & 64 bit windows 7 for that printer. All I did was searc on Bing.

Jim
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 17, 2012 6:32:45 PM

Sorry to hear about your problems; Always purchase from U.S. vendors and not overseas vendors.

Like anythhing electronic, there are warranties and some of the products that are only sold in Europe or Asia, may not have support over here.

Sorry, but there are drivers for Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit for your All-in-one printer: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=...
m
l
March 17, 2012 6:34:32 PM

you can only be sued if you lie. it is completely legal to tell the truth. so go on youtube and give them heck
m
l
March 17, 2012 6:36:01 PM

Too bad, Joe. Tho ONLY item I've ever bought with an HP name is an all in one-printer and it works just fine after about 4 or 5 years. Works with Win 7, is USB, and like any printer, ink is expensive. I bought a black and a tri color cartridges about 6 weeks ago for around $28...total.
Caveat emptor.
m
l
March 17, 2012 7:15:29 PM

Welcome to a world of throw away everything.
m
l
March 17, 2012 7:48:50 PM

don't listen to any legal advice on these boards, i play a lawyer on TV.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 17, 2012 8:35:24 PM

Joe2720 said:
I bought an HP Vision computer from Fry's (on sale for $575.00) a few months ago with a Window's 7 operating system. About 4 months after I purchased it my HP PSC 2175xi all-in-one printer stopped working. I had recently purchased a 2 pack of color and 1 pack of black printer cartridges costing about $100.00.
Since then I have been on the phone with HP to find remedy, and they have told me that the only thing that I can do is to purchase a new printer because they don't make a driver to support my printer.

Trust me, if I had known that they were going to make me purchase a new printer in addition to my new computer, then I wouldn't have bought it.

These products are made in other countries. There appears to be no recourse. After talking to several HP people, they put me on with a person in the Philippines???????????????
One thing about it, if the product is made in another country then it makes it a bit harder to complain.

In 2007, I bought a Plasma Samsung tv with cables costing right at $4,000.00. The tv lasted about 4 years. One day it just went black. Then I find out that I had no recourse. I found on the internet that others buying this particular tv had the same problem.
Trust me if I had been told that the plasma tv, or this particular model would be burn out 4 years later then I would never have bought it.

Is there any help for this?????????? In advance thanks for your time and attention to this ongoing problem with products made outside of the US.

Sincerely upset (wunderstanding@att.net)

so your printer worked for four months after you got your win7 PC.

THEN IT IS NOT YOUR DRIVERS

Your printer may have developed a fault, but it can't be a driver issue.

The drivers are here by the way, not difficult to find http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Driver...

These bits might help http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Suppor...

or these bits http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Suppor...

Electronic components will fail. I thought everyone knew that plasma screen had a lifepsan of about 5 years.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b α HP
a b $ Windows 7
March 20, 2012 1:11:52 AM

humphreybot said:
you can only be sued if you lie. it is completely legal to tell the truth. so go on youtube and give them heck

Hi :) 

You think the truth and the law are linked in some way ...lol...thats interesting :) 

No matter whether he tells the truth or not....HP ...WILL get it removed from YouTube and YouTube WILL agree...or HP will sue them as well lol...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
!