I cannot seem to update my version of steam for playing counter strike when i
click on the icon it just freezes and goes nowhere, then to add to the
problem when i try to close it i can only close the application through
windows task manager the process however for that software will not stop
running!

MY specs are AMD Athalon (tm) XP 2400+
512 mb of RAM
and my video card is a Radeon 9800 PRO

I am also having a similar problem with Ventrillo please help.

Hi McDuff,

"McDuff" <McDuff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EE15C5B-5908-4C98-A34E-5D47FE7D0B42@microsoft.com...
|I cannot seem to update my version of steam for playing counter strike when i
| click on the icon it just freezes and goes nowhere, then to add to the
| problem when i try to close it i can only close the application through
| windows task manager the process however for that software will not stop
| running!
|
| MY specs are AMD Athalon (tm) XP 2400+
| 512 mb of RAM
| and my video card is a Radeon 9800 PRO
|
| I am also having a similar problem with Ventrillo please help.

I heard that some others have been having problems the last few days
and can not get in. Some of them had to reinstall Steam and CS first though.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User