Sign in with
Your question

How do you installing duel cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 15, 2013 7:35:37 PM

HI guys i was wondering if an exspert can help me with this problem by answering just a few quick questions

i have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Memory: 1024MB GDDR5 and i am thinking of adding another card (gaming)

1/ if i decide i wanted to install a second card would it be possible ? and if so would i need to set up the pc in any specaill way for it to run both cards at the same time

2/ i was just wondering what are the benafits of having two cards ? will irt make a big difference to speed or quality

3/ also if i can install another card does it have to be exactly the same card /make / ram / ect for example could i use a card that is the same as i have but with this bigger memory like the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 2048MB GDDR5 or could i use a different NVIDIA GeForce card altogether or can i use a different type or make of card altogether

3/ could my pc run two cards ? i know it as at least two PCI-E slots

this is my hardware in case it makes a difference

duel boot

windows 7 proffesional 64 bit on one drive

xp home 32bit on the other drive
--------------------------------------------------

8gig ram

MSI GeForce GTX 650 Black Knight OC 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card [N650-1GD5/OCV1]

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. Crosshair III Formula Rev 1.xx
Serial Number: 104168350000520
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 1503 03/15/2010
-------------------------------------------------

700watts power supply

-------------------------------------------------

thanks to anyone that may go out of there way to help

More about : installing duel cards

a b Î Nvidia
January 15, 2013 7:42:41 PM

1.) It is not possible to combine two of any of the 650 series of cards that includes the Ti version.
2.) really the only true benefit is the ability to have the power to do multi monitoring or perhaps to extend the life of your graphics card.
3.) Combining two cards in SLi will not increase your ram/double it; it may speed up the ram as they will be working together but it won't add ram to your card for example two cards with 1 gigabyte will not equate to 2 it will still be one.

The best value for you if you were looking towards at 2 card solution would be to get something like in this case a 660Ti or 670 and then you would have a optimal situation where you could gain more in the end with a SLi solution. However in most cases you are better off with a single card because you run into less problems and you end up using less power and producing less heat.
January 15, 2013 8:01:50 PM

thanks for your help,,,, this is strange because the teci guy in the little pc shop who sold me the card said that this was the only one you could had two cards togeter with thats why i asked here how to do it ? i will have to go back

i think my card slots are SLI slots im getting confused lol
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
January 15, 2013 8:12:51 PM

Your motherboard is capable of SLi however your card is not. I would go back and get a stronger card a 660 of a 660Ti if Nvidia is what you want and I would shop from newegg or other retailers who sell the card. Here is a breakdown of the 660,660Ti, and 670 the prices that major retailers sell it for and the best prices you can get with each respected card.

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#c=114,113,101...
January 15, 2013 8:23:33 PM

thank you very much you were a great help
a b Î Nvidia
January 15, 2013 8:34:30 PM

Not a problem. Glad I could help you.
!