EVGA GTX 690 Compatibility Question

xwerd98x

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
Most of you will consider this a stupid question, but here it goes. I am building my first PC. I was wondering if a gtx 690 from evga would work.
Specs:
Asus rampage IV
Intel 3960x extreme
Thermaltake tough power tp-1500m 1500w
Please let me know if you need to know more.
Thanks for the help guys!

MC_K7

Distinguished
I don't see why it wouldn't work unless you pick a case that is too small for it to fit, but considering that all your other components are very high end, something tells me you won't pick the cheapest case.

gaming rig? dont bother with a x79 rig. z77 performs the same

and 690s are stupid if it costs almost 3x the cost of a 670 while performing less. and a 670 can max out almost all games at 1080p. if you are going high res or multi-monitor, get a 7970. if you are going 3d. just grab 2 670s and you should fly

800D is pretty useless if you are not going to fit a lot of hardware into the build, and for a gaming rig, there is very little hardware involved

xwerd98x

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
Just saying, sticking to the topic would be cool. I am thankful for everyone's advice as to what parts I should have gotten, but I just wanted verification from a few people that it would work before I spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on a graphics card.

you could still make a right purchase by getting 2 gtx 670s