7950 battlefield 3 problems

So, recently I finished building my computer (the specs of which I will list at the end of this thread) and had just installed my 7950. I hopped onto battlefield 3 and got kind of a low fps (sometimes drops down to 30). Is this normal for such a high end card? It averages around 60 fps but it's really annoying to have it drop so low.

List of steps I have troubleshooted:
Overclocked GPU to: Core clock: 1130 Memory clock: 1575 (GPU still runs really cool, always below 60c)
Overclocked CPU to : 4.1 ghz
Turned down resolution (Didn't help at all which is kind of odd)
Turned everything to low (Didn't help either)
Went into safe mode and did a driver sweep with driver sweeper, after which I re-installed 12.11 beta drivers

Specs:
GPU: Gigabyte ATI radeon HD 7950
CPU: AMD FX-6200
MOBO: BIOSTAR A880GZ
RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB
PSU: Rosewill green series 630w 80 PLUS certified
6 answers Last reply
More about 7950 battlefield problems
  1. A couple things. Is BF3 in multiplayer mode? I hear that it is quite demanding on the CPU and you may be CPU bound. Otherwise, you may want to go back and not use the Beta driver. I hear it has problems on occasion.
  2. babernet_1 said:
    A couple things. Is BF3 in multiplayer mode? I hear that it is quite demanding on the CPU and you may be CPU bound. Otherwise, you may want to go back and not use the Beta driver. I hear it has problems on occasion.

Yeah, the example maps were gulf of oman, and caspian border. Both of which I hear are graphics intensive maps. What confuses me is how lowering the resolution doesn't help :/ Also, Some maps run flawlessly, so maybe just a driver issue?
  3. "maybe just a driver issue"

Welcome to Nvidia.
  4. babernet_1 said:
    "maybe just a driver issue"

Welcome to Nvidia.

One person who owned the card suggested that I should format my computer, and that it helped him. Do you think there's any truth to this?
  5. Its your cpu.Upgrade it to intel.
  6. I'm going to format my hardrive, will post after.
Ask a new question

Read More

Feature Requests Battlefield Tom's Hardware