Nvidia GTX 680 2D Triple Monitor Surround Help

Flizzelz

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
Hello everyone,

I just bought two more monitors (BenQ XL2420T) to add onto my current monitor (LG W2442PA), and I'm having a bit of trouble getting my third monitor working.

*System Specs*

MSI GTX 680 Lightning Graphics Card
Intel Core i7-3770k Processor
MSI Big Bang Mpower Z77 Motherboard
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1600Mhz 16GB Memory
Corsair AX860i Power Supply

Monitors (from left to right): LGW2442PA-BenQXl2420T-BenQXl2420T

The LG monitor is running off of HDMI, and the two BenQ Monitors are running off Dual-Link DVI-D.

I am able to get the LG monitor working and the centre monitor working, however the right BenQ monitor doesn't even want to turn on. I touch the power button and it lights up, and then fads away, and it doesn't even do anything when I turn the computer on. The monitor is however being read correctly by the computer, it just won't show anything on the screen or turn on.

I have narrowed it down to a few things:

- The fact that the LG monitor is 60hz and the BenQ monitors are 120Hz, but I have underclocked the monitors so they are 60hz and still no luck getting the monitor to turn on.
- I have read that you need to use the Dual Link DVI-D connections and the DisplayPort connection on the 680 in order to use surround, and then have HDMI as the accessory display connection, or just not use it at all.

I know it isn't the cables or the power, since it does have power and it is being recognized by the computer.

Anyone have any ideas, I will probably go buy a DisplayPort cable tomorrow, and then hook one BenQ monitor up with the DisplayPort, the other keep it with the Dual Link DVI-D, and then use the other DVI-D for the LG monitor.

Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT: I should note that I have tried un-plugging the LG monitor, and then having only the two BenQ monitors plugged in with DVI-D, and that didn't change anything. I also tried plugging the BenQ monitor in with the HDMI, but that didn't do anything either.

popatim

Titan
Use the working benq's dvi cable on the non-working benq and if it still doesnt work then I suspect a bad benq.
It should have worked with the hdmi cable as the 680 supports quad displays.

Does anything come on-screen if you press the menu button?

Flizzelz

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012

I plugged it in with the working monitors DVI-D cable, and still no difference. I even restarted the computer to see if it would turn on with the startup, but nope.

When I press the power button, the light behind the power button lights up, same with all of the smaller buttons above it, but still just a black screen.

It can't possibly be anything wrong with the power or the DVI-D can it? Because the computer is recognizing when I plug it in/un-plug it, and that must mean that the power cable is also working.

I have a bad feeling its the monitor that is broken...

EDIT: I will try plugging it into a different computer just to see if it works there.

Flizzelz

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
I should probably update this in case anyone actually searchs and finds this thread with no ending.

I tested the Monitor on multiple different computers, and tested a bunch of different cables on each computer including the ones that came with the monitor.

Turns out the screen just doesn't work, I don't know what is causing the issue, but everything seems to work except for the screen it self.

I'm going to return it today, hopefully the replacement will be working :)