Sign in with
Your question

How does this graphics card look

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 15, 2013 9:49:10 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
hello, i am looking at the graphics card above, its not the most well known card but it has great reviews. i was just wondering if anybody knew of this card, also if you are wondering why im paying slightly more tehn i should for a 7870 is becaues it has a few extra goodies like an hdmi cable, dvi to vga converter (both needed ATM) and a dp to dvi connector. plus it has the two fans and such. if anyone has any other reccomendations that would be around teh same price range if not cheaper. i plan to play 1080p on ultra on bf3 at around 40fps, i know many people are going to say thats not going to happen but ive seen a few videos, but i would also like a video card with 2 dvi ports instead of the one. mainly because i plan to go to eyefinity in the near future (btw i wouldnt care if it was on the lowest settings as i prefer resolution over graphics quality first, plus i like the FOV) and right now i still have a vga monitor which is serving well so the 2 dvi would help if i grabbed another dvi monitor and wanted to keep the vga

More about : graphics card

a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2013 9:50:18 PM

It looks like it suits you :)  but you may have to buy extra adapters
January 15, 2013 9:56:36 PM

really? what adapters, it seems that it has all of the things i need
Related resources
January 15, 2013 10:05:42 PM

You're paying extra because that's their "flex" edition card which is designed to drive 3 screens more easily (by having 2 DVI ports) than normal cards can.

This is by far the better card for the money if you're gaming on a single screen or any multi-screen setup that doesn't require two DVI ports:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

That's the 7870LE which is a slightly cut down 7950 (it's a Tahiti chip rather than the Pitcairn chip in the normal 7870s) and performs basically the same as one.
January 15, 2013 10:12:26 PM

i stated before that i was looking to move to eyefinity, plus again i still get the extra goodies and the extra fan (so i can overclock better) also the light edition tahiti chip, is it the same amount of stream processors or are the other specs what is cut down like the memory size, speed and such. if i weren't to get a 7870 i would most likely go straight to the 7950
January 15, 2013 10:23:51 PM

Well not all eyefinity setups need two DVI ports. That's why they jack the price up on the flex cards - it's aimed at a niche market.

The card I linked is a different and noticeably faster chip than a normal 7870 (which is what the Flex card is). AMD's branding is just stupid.

Review
Specs/Review
January 15, 2013 10:27:11 PM

yes but i am also using a vga monitor so the extra dvi is a must ATM
January 15, 2013 10:31:06 PM

Well if you already know that you pretty much need this card, and you've read reviews of it and know that it's good, what is the point of this thread? :heink: 
January 16, 2013 12:20:03 AM

just wondering if anyone else possibly could have had this card, or if there were others like it
!