Help Juiced installation problems

Hi there, I need help

I bought Juiced and cannot install it. During installation I get the error
message:
"Component: loose_files
File: D:/uninstall_icon.exe
Error: An internal error has occurred"

When opening up explorer and clicking on the above file it says:
"not compatible with Win32"

During installation I have all firewalls and anti-viruses deactivated.

Is there a patch I should download? What is the problem here?

Thanks in advance
4 answers Last reply
More about help juiced installation problems

    Hi Martin,

    "Martin" <Hitt@Ireland.com> wrote in message news:BB9F372E-7466-4DC7-8CFA-FDAFD553B835@microsoft.com...
    | Hi there, I need help
    |
    | I bought Juiced and cannot install it. During installation I get the error
    | message:
    | "Component: loose_files
    | File: D:/uninstall_icon.exe
    | Error: An internal error has occurred"
    |
    | When opening up explorer and clicking on the above file it says:
    | "not compatible with Win32"
    |
    | During installation I have all firewalls and anti-viruses deactivated.
    |
    | Is there a patch I should download? What is the problem here?
    |
    | Thanks in advance

    That type of error could mean the CD is corrupt... Check the CD
    and the CD Player. Clean both using a Cleaning Kit, and check for
    scratches on the CD. Try installing the game on another computer,
    if the game installs, the culprit is probably your CD ROM drive if it
    doesn't install then it's the CD, in which case you need to replace it.

    Before replacing the CD, try copying it to your hard drive and then
    run the setup / installation program from there. To copy the CD go
    to My Computer, Right-Click the CD, Choose "Copy", then Right-
    Click on your Hard Drive, Choose "Paste".

    Uninstall the game using Add-Remove programs before attempting
    to reinstall it. (Start / Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs).

    Here are three basic troubleshooting steps which I recommend:

    1. To see if it's a software conflict: Temporarily disable Startup
    programs one at a time, starting with Firewall, Antivirus, and ad
    blockers using: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php

    You can lookup what a program does before you disable it here:
    http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

    2. Run a virus scan at: http://housecall.antivirus.com Afterwards
    Download & Run Spybot from: http://security.kolla.de and/or
    Adaware (www.lavasoftusa.com) to remove any Spyware/Adware.

    3. Click My Computer / Rightclick the Drive & Choose Properties
    / Run the "Disk Cleanup..." / Next Click the "Tools" Tab and run
    the "Error-Checking" and "Defragmentation" utilities.

    If nothing including those 3 steps have resolved the problem so far,
    here's more basic troubleshooting steps and information including:
    The Safedisc patch
    How to check CD for imperfections, and
    How to Disable Virtual CD rom drives which is described at:
    http://tinyurl.com/2387c (EA General Support Page) and also:

    How to Troubleshoot Disc-Reading Issues
    Error Messages That May Be Caused by Disc-Reading Issues
    Troubleshoot Error Messages
    Examine the Disc
    Clean the Disc
    Test the Disc in a Different Drive
    Clean the Drive
    Test Disc Read with Copy or Xcopy
    Quit Unnecessary Software
    Switch the Drive Controller to DMA Mode, and
    How to Troubleshoot DVD Error Messages is available in this
    MS Article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=321641

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    Hi Jimmy S.,

    The installation worked on another computer. I out of curiosity tried
    burning a CD. It was here that Nero told me that my InCD and burning rom
    needed updating. After downloading the CD Rom updates, the game was installed
    succesfully.

    Thanks for your advice though.

    Martin

    "Jimmy S." wrote:

> [...]
    > the "Error-Checking" and "Defragmentation" utilities.
    >
    > If nothing including those 3 steps have resolved the problem so far,
    > here's more basic troubleshooting steps and information including:
    > The Safedisc patch
    > How to check CD for imperfections, and
    > How to Disable Virtual CD rom drives which is described at:
    > http://tinyurl.com/2387c (EA General Support Page) and also:
    >
    > How to Troubleshoot Disc-Reading Issues
    > Error Messages That May Be Caused by Disc-Reading Issues
    > Troubleshoot Error Messages
    > Examine the Disc
    > Clean the Disc
    > Test the Disc in a Different Drive
    > Clean the Drive
    > Test Disc Read with Copy or Xcopy
    > Quit Unnecessary Software
    > Switch the Drive Controller to DMA Mode, and
    > How to Troubleshoot DVD Error Messages is available in this

    Hi Martin,

    I'm happy to hear that everything worked out for you! :-)

    Cheers,
    Jimmy.

    "Martin" <Hitt@Ireland.com> wrote in message news:AD655CBA-C8C2-4422-A7B2-BE86320FC82F@microsoft.com...
    | Hi Jimmy S.,
    |
    | The installation worked on another computer. I out of curiosity tried
    | burning a CD. It was here that Nero told me that my InCD and burning rom
    | needed updating. After downloading the CD Rom updates, the game was installed
    | succesfully.
    |
    | Thanks for your advice though.
    |
    | Martin
    |
    | "Jimmy S." wrote:
    |
    | > Hi Martin,
    | >
    | > "Martin" <Hitt@Ireland.com> wrote in message news:BB9F372E-7466-4DC7-8CFA-FDAFD553B835@microsoft.com...
    | > | Hi there, I need help
    | > |
    | > | I bought Juiced and cannot install it. During installation I get the error
    | > | message:
    | > | "Component: loose_files
    | > | File: D:/uninstall_icon.exe
    | > | Error: An internal error has occurred"
    | > |
    | > | When opening up explorer and clicking on the above file it says:
    | > | "not compatible with Win32"
    | > |
    | > | During installation I have all firewalls and anti-viruses deactivated.
    | > |
    | > | Is there a patch I should download? What is the problem here?
    | > |
    | > | Thanks in advance
    | > |

    | > That type of error could mean the CD is corrupt... Check the CD
    | > and the CD Player. Clean both using a Cleaning Kit, and check for
    | > scratches on the CD. Try installing the game on another computer,
    | > if the game installs, the culprit is probably your CD ROM drive if it
    | > doesn't install then it's the CD, in which case you need to replace it.
    | >
    | > Before replacing the CD, try copying it to your hard drive and then
    | > run the setup / installation program from there. To copy the CD go
    | > to My Computer, Right-Click the CD, Choose "Copy", then Right-
    | > Click on your Hard Drive, Choose "Paste".
    | >
    | > Uninstall the game using Add-Remove programs before attempting
    | > to reinstall it. (Start / Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs).
    | >
    | > Here are three basic troubleshooting steps which I recommend:
    | >
    | > 1. To see if it's a software conflict: Temporarily disable Startup
    | > programs one at a time, starting with Firewall, Antivirus, and ad
    | > blockers using: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php
    | >
    | > You can lookup what a program does before you disable it here:
    | > http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php
    | >
    | > 2. Run a virus scan at: http://housecall.antivirus.com Afterwards
    | > Download & Run Spybot from: http://security.kolla.de and/or
    | > Adaware (www.lavasoftusa.com) to remove any Spyware/Adware.
    | >
    | > 3. Click My Computer / Rightclick the Drive & Choose Properties
    | > / Run the "Disk Cleanup..." / Next Click the "Tools" Tab and run
    | > the "Error-Checking" and "Defragmentation" utilities.
    | >
    | > If nothing including those 3 steps have resolved the problem so far,
    | > here's more basic troubleshooting steps and information including:
    | > The Safedisc patch
    | > How to check CD for imperfections, and
    | > How to Disable Virtual CD rom drives which is described at:
    | > http://tinyurl.com/2387c (EA General Support Page) and also:
    | >
    | > How to Troubleshoot Disc-Reading Issues
    | > Error Messages That May Be Caused by Disc-Reading Issues
    | > Troubleshoot Error Messages
    | > Examine the Disc
    | > Clean the Disc
    | > Test the Disc in a Different Drive
    | > Clean the Drive
    | > Test Disc Read with Copy or Xcopy
    | > Quit Unnecessary Software
    | > Switch the Drive Controller to DMA Mode, and
    | > How to Troubleshoot DVD Error Messages is available in this
    | > MS Article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=321641
    | >
    | > --
    | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    | >
    | > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
    | > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
    | > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
    | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    hi, im very new to this so i dont even now how to start my own topic so
    i have used someones reply sorry.

    i am having problems with the installation of juiced, i can install the
    game and then it loads but an error screen appears, with the send error
    report option, but then it says juiced.exe has encounted a problem and
    has to close i have tried installing it on two different pc's and a
    laptop but still no result, and this is the second game as i have taken
    it back to the shop and got a different one. i am completly confused,
    somebody please help.
    cheers marc.

Windows XP