MrTheBigBadMe

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
I have a macbook pro with retina display with a 2.6 ghz processor and 8 gigs of RAM, GeForce GT 650m factory OC running bootcamp (Windows 7 64 bit). I'm playing far cry 3 with all settings on max except for post FX on low, and I gotta say, it's a pretty smooth ride.. Anyways back to the question, whenever I play the game for about 1 hour it randomly crashes (only the game) to that "the application has stopped responding" window..
Anyone have a fix for this?
Sorry for the bad writing style or any mistakes as it's 3:41 AM and I'm EXTREMELY tired :)
And thanks for any help..
Almost forgot this, all of my drivers are updated and so is the game..

Xttony

Distinguished
Far cry 3 is a very resource demanding game and your laptop cannot run the game at max settings. Assuming you set your resolution to 1440p or whatever the resolution is.
Your card must overheat and crash. Get a temperature monitoring software and see it the temperatures are not exceeding 80-90 degrees C.

You can also play at 1080p. If the game still crashes there may be a problem with your card.

jjd103

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
FAR CRY 3 hates over clocking played the game on stock gpu settings played for 5 hrs strait as soon as I overclocked it crashed on first fast travel n single player multiple time and have seen many people say the same thing

MrTheBigBadMe

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

Actually I found out it was do to overheating (for some strange reason).
Before the crash, the game starts to stutter and I get an FPS drop, so after I got that I put a cold pillow under the laptop and the FPS went back to normal and the stuttering went away.
Looks like I'm gonna need a cooling pad for this game.
But the first guy that answered was also correct, it seems that because my settings were so high all of this happens.