Computer randomly restarts

I've had my computer about a month or two, I honestly don't quite remember. And suddenly while in the middle of playing a game, it restarts itself, and continues to do so when booted normally, booted in safe mode, booted in safe mode with networking, and booted from any CD or DVD.
I ran the memory check in the windows recovery and it didn't report back that anything was wrong with the memory.
It does not return with a blue screen error when it restarts.
It currently has
4 x 2GB = 8GB DDR3-1333 Gaming Grade Memory Module
1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk Drive
24X DVD+/-RW DL Optical Drive
NZXT Gamma Gaming Case, Black
AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card
AMD FX-6300 CPU
9 answers Last reply
More about computer randomly restarts
  1. What's your power supply? Good chance it's from that.
  2. How could it be from the power supply, at no point does it ever completely power down, it just keeps restarting, i can stay at the bios screen for hours and it doesn't restart
  3. What is the power supply? I need to know or i can't be sure. Another thing is it could be overheating. And restarting is technically shutting down quickly and starting back up.
  4. My power supply is a allied atx 300w switching power supply
  5. After looking further into my power supply and my graphics card, my old graphics card ran fine on a 300 watt power supply from my old computer, so put my older graphics card back in,a Gigabyte GV-NX84S512HP, and it still did the same thing.
  6. I really don't think that a 300 watt power supply can power that system. Power supplies degrade and lose power over time. Especially if it's not 80 plus certified. The first thing in building a system is to not cheap out on the power supply. The old card might have worked back then because the PSU had more power. http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/
    It says 249 watts. Your PSU probably doesn't have that much left. If not that than it is and overheating problem. Do you have good airflow?
  7. It does have fairly good airflow
  8. I got a new power supply and it did not correct the problem
  9. Gariond said:
    It does have fairly good airflow

I don't know where you got your pc from, but it could very well be the thermal paste between the cpu's chip and the heatsink. If it hasn't been applied correctly, parts of the cpu won't cool down and the system will restart to protect the cpu from overheating.
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Computers Systems