Zotac Geforce gt 240 1gb

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Zotac
  • Geforce
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 15, 2013 11:43:29 PM

I Have the zotac geforce gt 240 1gb graphics card.

I am wanting to know if the rest of the stuff in my pc is suitable for running this, as we just bought a mac with a slightly worse spec graphics card that runs games better than the pc... infact the mac runs them Amazingly!!!! So i think my pc should too maybe with a bit of tweaking required... hope you can help.

The pc in question has an AS Rock N68c-s UCC mother board.
Processor is an AMD Athlon x2 ...
4gb ram 2x 2gb
580watt Psu

Ive read a bit online, about the motherboard not letting the graphics card run to its optimal ... if so then what motherboard do i need?

Also read somewhere about maybe needing an AMD athlon x3 processor or something better along those lines?

Hope you could throw me some advice this way so i can chew on it... as we first suspected it to be a bad graphics card for what we wanted to do but now we think differently, that its fine and everything else is needing an upgrade of sorts.

cheers

Jay

More about : zotac geforce 240 1gb

a b U Graphics card
January 16, 2013 12:07:07 AM

Since Mac and windows are different platforms you are bound to see performance difference.
I don't think your computer needs tweaking as you won't get the appropriate parts also it will be very expensive.
The processor can boost the games.
January 16, 2013 12:34:17 AM

Ok so what do you suggest? for me to be able to let the graphics card run to its optimal what do i need to do? or is it not going to happen? do i just start over with a new pc? coz that sounds more expensive....
Related resources
January 16, 2013 12:36:25 AM

Would it have to be a combination of a better psu, 64 bit os, better motherboad and better cpu? or is there one thing i can change to make a significant difference as i read that the motherboard is not helping the gpu's situation here...
a b U Graphics card
January 16, 2013 1:19:10 AM

Get a new computer or at least a few parts. Since you have an old AM2+ socket it is better you change your motherboard and processor. You can get AMD FX8350 for $200, ASRock 990fx extreme3 for $84 and a HD 7750 for $90 or HD 7770 $115. So you can build a way more faster computer for less than $400. I think that upgrading your current setup will be more expensive. Also the processor is one of the best.
!