cpu:AMD Athlon II X2 270 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor
psu:antec vp450
ram:G.Skill Value Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
cpu cooler:stock
video card:Sparkle GeForce GT 630 1GB Video Card
hard drive:o ld hdd using a ide to sata converter
operating system:windows xp
case:APEVIA X-Navigator

Ok so i built this recently and everything had been fine. Except that when i restart this pc at times t will not start. I have tried all the trouble shooting here checking everything. Just some times it will not make the audible beep and bring up bios. When it boots its perfect no problems what so ever. I just can not figure out why some times its fine and while other times its not. Earlier i could not get it to boot. In frustration i tried it without the keyboard and mouse and it booted perfectly.

I i shut it down hooked up the mouse and keyboard and again it would not boot. I kept messing around with no luck. Again i tried with no mouse or keyboard and it booted. This time i left it on got it to accept the mouse and am typing this via the mouse because it fails to accept the keyboard. Any ideas to the cause and a way to fix it?

So at times of restart or powering up it does not give an audible beep or post to bios let alone to windows. But when i do get it to it beeps fine loads bios and goes straight to windows. I followed the trouble shooting guide here with no luck. Hence why i am posting this. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

More about : times beep bios

a b B Homebuilt system
March 6, 2013 6:16:38 AM

I have never heard of a mouse or keyboard stopping a pc from posting or allowing bios to run. Is it possible? I kept suspecting my hdd do to the ide to sata converter i'm using as well as its age. I just can not wrap my head around this problem..
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 7, 2013 6:56:15 AM

So no ideas on a cause? The mobo cpu and ram and gpu are less then 3 months old and the psu less then 6 months old. The mouse less then 6 months the keyboard is pretty old though. I just can not figure out why it randomly does this on restarting. And why having the mouse and keyboard disconnected works as a fix. Could a bad keyboard really cause this?
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
March 8, 2013 6:42:21 AM

So no ideas as to what could be causing this? Could the keyboard slots on my mobo going bad cause this? The mouse is a usb while the keyboard is not. I'm hoping some one knowledgeable could point me to what could cause my pc to not post and boot to bos or windows at times while removing the mouse and keyboard allows it to?
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 11, 2013 9:29:39 PM

Posted on March 5 it is now March 12. So any ideas as to what the cause may be? Or a possible fix?
m
l
!