Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Audio Driver Hell

Last response: in Windows 8
February 6, 2013 6:29:09 AM

So I just got an acer v3 series 9686 and I realized my headphone jack wasn't working, many other people with windows were having this problem so I downloaded realtek drivers. I could not even find the program much less did it fix my headphone problem. So I uninstall realtek and now my intel dolby drivers whatever won't work, I have no sound. I am really upset first no headphones {which is a big problem} and now no sound at all. What do I do! I'm breaking my new laptop. Dx

More about : audio driver hell

February 6, 2013 6:34:46 AM

Come to think of it, @#$% realtek uninstalled my original sound driver. Ahh! All I have is intel{r} display audio. Omg. T.T
m
l

Best solution

a b \ Driver
February 6, 2013 6:45:35 AM

Go to the acer site; enter your model number and or serial number; and OS version. The download the drivers you need and install. Should fix the issue.
Related resources
February 6, 2013 6:52:44 AM

Actually that's what I just started doing. So it's a zip file, whenit's done downloading I just unzip the file and everything's hunky dory? Or do I put it some special place or do I have to go into my audio drivers and do install or update from location and then choose the zip file or? .-.
m
l
February 6, 2013 7:17:02 AM

Okay I got the audio driver back, thank god. But my headphone jack still doesn't work, this is a huge problem for people with Windows 8 so there has to be a solution I just can't for the life of me find one that works. ._.
m
l
February 6, 2013 7:20:56 AM

Holy *** yes I got it to work. Thanks dude.
m
l
February 6, 2013 7:21:10 AM

Best answer selected by subtleendowment.
m
l
!