Sasha

Hi, Im sasha, and i need help.
I am experiencing a problem with Max Payne the computer game. I have a
recently purchased Computer with windows xp, and i do have the older version
on Max payne which was not suitable for running with XP, but i did download
the patch, and max payne was running fine a couple of months ago. But since i
uninstalled it, i put in the cd to reinstall it, and a statement said

[16 bit Windows subsystem]
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. this system file is not suitable for
running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.

I tried to terminate the application by choosing "close", but it didnt work,
i then tried to "ignore" it, but htat didnt work either. I dont know what to
do, please help me to fix this problem. THanks, Sasha
--
«Sasha Asheghi»

Hi Sasha,

Here's an easy method to solve that error:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit

If that doesn't correct the issue, try this manual method:

1. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\repair
Right-Click and Copy the file named: autoexec.nt *

2. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\System32
Right-Click in that window to Paste the file
(Answer yes if prompted to replace existing file)

* Note: If the file autoexec.nt doesn't exist on your system
right click the link below and select the "Save Target As.."
option to save the file in C:\WINDOWS\System32
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/AUTOEXEC.NT

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms