Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
My PC config:
Intel Core i5-3570k
Zotac Geforce Gtx 660 ti amp edition
Asus P8Z77-VLX
Corsair Vengeance 16GB(8*2)(1600Mhz)
PSU Cooler Master GX 750

the problem is with my gpu i guess .I get BSOD everytime i boot and i tried everything, I reinstalled my windows and it works in great condition at first and as i install nvidia drivers start getting BSOD. I checked my BIOS and set everything at deafult but still no solution. I installed the drivers that i got in CD i.e 306 still the same problem. I removed my GPU and everything started working with nvidia drivers installed.

Solution
Since you're having problems only after you install the nvidia drivers.... I'd close the reasoning to a conflict of the RAM on the GPU......
You really ought to try the GPU out in a different rig and run some tests on it in the other rig...... then you'd know for sure.....
It's most probably a faulty GPU.... since the rig works fine without the Nvidia GPU , I gather, .....
It only seems logical.
D

Deleted member 217926

Brand new system? When did the problems start? Coolermaster power supplies are know to be trash in most cases. The Silent Pro Gold line is decent but that's about it. Do you have another power supply you can test it with? If it does the same thing with another power supply then it's probably the card. You can also test the card in another computer.

make sure your mb bios is up to date..asus has a lot of code update for ram..cpu and video cards.
after you update your bios make sure in the ai overclock xmp mode is turned on and you have the mb speed set to standard. with mb set to overclock by the asus bios it changes the ram to cpu timing and can cause bsod.

lucid virtu graphics stuff/disable

gpu boost/disable.......... think that tries to "crossfire" the intel with the discreet in some way???? can be causing conflicts.

did I read 8........... 2gig sticks of ram?... if the 2 above things don't work right off, try using only 2 sticks as well as above. see what happens.

let us know.

1st/ you did install the motherboard drivers off the disc that came with the motherboard?

you didn't install any bloatware or auto BIOS update software off that disc right?

disable window auto updates.

disable auto driver updates.

those are 2 different things... then..................

uninstall the nvidia drivers. reboot. install only the graphics driver and the physx driver ( custom or advanced install )..... nothing else. reboot. what happens?

w95linux

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

i didnt install any bloatware and nor auto update BIOS as i said until i dont install nvidia drivers everything is running perfect and as install the drivers i start getting BSOD. Is that a PSU problem??

D

Deleted member 217926

There are really a few main causes of problems with new builds. First is bad RAM. So use memtest and run it overnight ( 10-12 hours ) to rule out the RAM. Even a single error means you have a problem.

http://www.memtest.org/

A bad power supply and a bad graphics card would be the other 2 most common new build problems.
If your memory checks out then either try a different power supply in your system or try your graphics card in a different system.

It could also be a bad motherboard or hard drive as well. This does not sound like a one of those are the problem to me though.

Since you're having problems only after you install the nvidia drivers.... I'd close the reasoning to a conflict of the RAM on the GPU......
You really ought to try the GPU out in a different rig and run some tests on it in the other rig...... then you'd know for sure.....
It's most probably a faulty GPU.... since the rig works fine without the Nvidia GPU , I gather, .....
It only seems logical.

Solution

w95linux

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

for the first two days everything was running perfect i played two or three games on high settings but i got BSOD two times for the first time i did system restore and second time i didnt restore just started windows normally. After that I was playing assasin's creed on high settings and suddenly there was a glitch and after that i keep getting BSOD.

D

Deleted member 217926

Rule out the RAM since bad RAM can cause all kinds of weird errors and it's something you can do with software.

After that try the power supply swap or moving the card to a different computer.

w95linux

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

But if RAM was the problem that would have caused problem in a normal boot(without GPU), without gpu i am having no problem in booting

Status
Not open for further replies.