Used GTX 460

Hello, I was planning on getting a factory overclocked GTX 650 for $89.99, and then I found a used ASUS GTX 460 on eBAY for $70. It hasnt been overclocked, and it looks good physically. No returns, but item is covered by eBAY buyer protection. What should I ask the seller before buying, or is it advisable to buy used on eBAY at all? thanks. :)
9 answers Last reply
More about used
  1. chiknwingding said:
    Hello, I was planning on getting a factory overclocked GTX 650 for $89.99, and then I found a used ASUS GTX 460 on eBAY for $70. It hasnt been overclocked, and it looks good physically. No returns, but item is covered by eBAY buyer protection. What should I ask the seller before buying, or is it advisable to buy used on eBAY at all? thanks. :)

As someone who had a 460 for years, its a amazing card. The 460 kills the 650, but the 650 Ti actually competes with the 460. But overall, a 460 for $70 dollars is a steal and I would go with that.
  2. Okay, thanks! but i am wondering if it advisable to buy it used on ebay. (in case it is DOA, etc.) even though it has buyer protection.
  3. chiknwingding said:
    Okay, thanks! but i am wondering if it advisable to buy it used on ebay. (in case it is DOA, etc.) even though it has buyer protection.

To be honest the 460 I had I actually bought on eBay and it was used as well, as long as its a trusted seller and they claim to warranty it, then definitely buy it.
  4. o ok thanks! :) appreciate it!
  5. chiknwingding said:
    o ok thanks! :) appreciate it!

No problem! Have fun with it!
  6. Oh, one more thing, it is the 768MB version, is this okay?
  7. chiknwingding said:
    Oh, one more thing, it is the 768MB version, is this okay?

It will be fine, unless your planning on using multiple 1080p monitors, then it would be recommended to get at least 1.5gb card.
  8. No, I have a 20" 1600x900 monitor and a 32" 720p TV.
  9. chiknwingding said:
    No, I have a 20" 1600x900 monitor and a 32" 720p TV.

Then you'll be fine.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Asus Ebay Graphics