Refuses to run full screen apps

my computer is refusing to let me play games in full screen, it seems to be
since i changed the resolution of Grand Theft Auto 3. when i go to play a
game the screen goes black as if its about to work then i see my desktop
again as though nothing happened.
please help me as i just bought san andreas and can't get it to work!

Hi Halim,

You might need to edit your GTA3.ini file to adjust the video settings,
however since that isn't as easy as it sounds, try adjusting your desktop
resolution so that it matches the resolution you've set for the game. See:
http://www.take2games.com/index.php?p=support_pc&section=display

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User