Should I sacrifice CPU and RAM for better GPU???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criticalacc

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
HI everyone! Im getting a new alienware this friday and I'm in quite a conundrum. My original configuration that I was going to get was a: 2.7ghz quad core processor, 16gb RAM and a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 675M. However, I am now unsure of what I should buy because I kind of want a better GPU. The other configuration that I could buy is: 2.4ghz quad core processor, 12gb RAM and a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 680M. Is there a noticeable enough difference in the CPU and RAM configurations that i would notice it? Is it worth it to dumb down my cpu/ram for the 680?

Solution
Hmm you could easily give up the RAM but I think you may regret 'dumbing down' the CPU in the long run.
My rule ifor these situations is to buy the the fastest CPU and upgrade the other parts when needed later.

Mahisse

Distinguished
Hmm you could easily give up the RAM but I think you may regret 'dumbing down' the CPU in the long run.
My rule ifor these situations is to buy the the fastest CPU and upgrade the other parts when needed later.

Solution

morne

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Go for the Higher GPU, gaming will take more from your GPU than CPU, and 2.4 is enough, also the lower memory doesnt matter as you can upgrade that later on if you really need to, but if you will not use it for gaming go for the higher CPU if you will need for processing power for applications

Status
Not open for further replies.