First self made computer

cadam

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Hi, this is the first computer im going to build and i'd like your opinion on it. Suggestions for different parts are also welcome as my experience isn't much.

Purpose: compact gaming computer
Games: TESO, Skyrim, newer action titles as they come out and i have no intention to do any overclocking.

CPU: Intel i5-3570 3.4 GHz
CPU cooler: unknown
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro-4-m microATX
Memory: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 (4GBx2)
Hard Drive: Corsair Neutron Series GTX 240GB SSD 2.5"
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB
Case: Unknown and would like suggestions, or may hand make.
Thermalpaste : Tunix TX-2
Monitor: unknown, may just reuse.
No sound card, or wireless adapter. May consider getting a wireless adaptar.
Power supply: unknown at the moment.

Thanks for looking.

Solution
You may not need the Thermal Paste because the i5 3570 comes with it on already.

Also if you are getting the i5 3570 then you might aswell upgrade to the i5 3570K as you will be able to over clock it later on if you like when you are using that motherboard, plus it's only £10 - £20 more.

Also if you are going to get the "Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB" then you may want to get a GTX 670 instead, this is just my preference but I have had problems with Radeon Cards before and my current GTX 660ti that I have has not has any problems with it and also run BF3 full settings at 60 FPS+ on ultra.

AlexYost

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2012
You may not need the Thermal Paste because the i5 3570 comes with it on already.

Also if you are getting the i5 3570 then you might aswell upgrade to the i5 3570K as you will be able to over clock it later on if you like when you are using that motherboard, plus it's only £10 - £20 more.

Also if you are going to get the "Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB" then you may want to get a GTX 670 instead, this is just my preference but I have had problems with Radeon Cards before and my current GTX 660ti that I have has not has any problems with it and also run BF3 full settings at 60 FPS+ on ultra.

Solution