New Nvidia Graphics Cards

Hi all,

I am thinking about buidling a new PC (and looking at getting a GTX670 - which i believe will max out pretty much all games currently out??) and i was wondering if anyone knew when the new series of Nvidia graphics cards will be released? I am hoping that when these are released the GTX670 will come down in price!!

Cheers,

Mark
14 answers Last reply
More about nvidia graphics cards
  1. If there are no new graphics cards on the horizon, would the GTX660 max out most games out at the moment?
  2. New nvidia 700 series will be launched 1st Q of 2013, performance will be increased on them allot, as far as i have heard the keplar 600series processor only uses +/- 30% of DX11, new 700 series will also use Keplar but will use +/-70 to 90% of DX11. im waiting for the 700 series before i upgrade again
  3. I'm in a similar position, though I'm waiting for more performance, not less cost. While a performance increase is guaranteed, a price decrease is not. If you look at GTX580, GTX570, GTX560 Ti etc, those cards didn't drop in price with the GTX600 release to remain viable price/performance options. The GTX670 may drop over time, but no guarantee. Based on previous-gen gains, we're looking at a 30-35% gain on a GTX770 over a GTX670, but it could be as low as 15% so no guarantees. As for the GTX660, it's not an option to max out everything at 1080p and 4x MSAA, but it will max out almost anything at those settings, and therefore represents excellent value for money.
  4. Oh and March-May is most likely.
  5. Most likely Nvidia upgrade architecture every 2 years, so the next gen would likely be a renamed 600 series with better specs and same technologies.

    GTX 660 is capable of running most games at 1080p at ultra settings.

    I've owned the GTX 660 and I made some videos of the performance of it:

    Witcher 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VydVtesAkwA

    Skyrim http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZPAxPEmRi4

    Far Cry 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZPAxPEmRi4

    I get the GTX 670 tomorrow so I can update you tomorrow about the performance compared to the GTX 660. :)
  6. Thanks for your replies guys, this is excellent info!! It seems quite tempting to just go for the GTX 670 now, but i think i will see what you think of it lostgamer....which company did you go with (there was a KFA2 that looked reasonable, but i have never heard of them!)?
  7. ms228 said:
    Thanks for your replies guys, this is excellent info!! It seems quite tempting to just go for the GTX 670 now, but i think i will see what you think of it lostgamer....which company did you go with (there was a KFA2 that looked reasonable, but i have never heard of them!)?


    I chose the ASUS GTX 670 Directcu ii.

    I chose it because I like everything to be silent and the ASUS GTX 670 Directcu ii is the most silent there is.

    The best GTX 670 overall is the Windforce 3x by Gigabyte, if you ask Tomshardware.

    Here you can see a review of 7 different GTX 670, it might give you an Idea of what you might want.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-670-test-review,3217-16.html
  8. lostgamer_03 said:
    I chose the ASUS GTX 670 Directcu ii.

    I chose it because I like everything to be silent and the ASUS GTX 670 Directcu ii is the most silent there is.

    The best GTX 670 overall is the Windforce 3x by Gigabyte, if you ask Tomshardware.

    Here you can see a review of 7 different GTX 670, it might give you an Idea of what you might want.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-670-test-review,3217-16.html


    Hope you are enjoying you new graphics card!

    Cheers for that i have taken a look and have made a PC on partpicker (except for a case):

    http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/xTHX

    I've been suggested this build:

    http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/y04V

    For the difference in price between the Radeon and the Nvidia card do you reckon it is worth going for the Radeon (looking at the performance charts: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-graphics-card-review,review-32586-7.html, it seems the radeon may do slightly better??

    Found this one and thought it seemed a good price:

    http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Graphics+Cards+-+GPUs/Graphics+Cards+-+AMD/Radeon+HD+7970/GIGABYTE+WindForce+Radeon+HD+7970+OC+3072MB+GDDR5+PCI-Express+Graphics+Card+?productId=53471

    Cheers,

    Mark
  9. ms228 said:
    Hope you are enjoying you new graphics card!

    Cheers for that i have taken a look and have made a PC on partpicker (except for a case):

    http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/xTHX

    I've been suggested this build:

    http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/y04V

    For the difference in price between the Radeon and the Nvidia card do you reckon it is worth going for the Radeon (looking at the performance charts: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/gaming-graphics-card-review,review-32586-7.html, it seems the radeon may do slightly better??

    Found this one and thought it seemed a good price:

    http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Graphics+Cards+-+GPUs/Graphics+Cards+-+AMD/Radeon+HD+7970/GIGABYTE+WindForce+Radeon+HD+7970+OC+3072MB+GDDR5+PCI-Express+Graphics+Card+?productId=53471

    Cheers,

    Mark


    The performance of GTX 670 and Radeon 7970 should be some what equal. The GHz ed. is faster though.

    Nvidia provides some Technologies which I prefer and that is the only reason why I choose Nvidia. You might don't care about em' but they make my gaming experience so much better.

    Adaptive vsync

    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=adaptive+vsync+linus

    TXAA

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzOb252sIco

    PhysX

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STi6rNeYZrY I made this video myself!

    And I'm enjoying it so much! I just turned the desktop on, and my GPU is only 24 celsius hot with fans only running at 10%. Aaaah, the silence.
  10. I want one of those!
  11. sam_p_lay said:
    I want one of those!


    The Radeon 7970 by Gigabyte or the GTX 670 by ASUS? ^^
  12. lostgamer_03 said:
    The performance of GTX 670 and Radeon 7970 should be some what equal. The GHz ed. is faster though.

    Nvidia provides some Technologies which I prefer and that is the only reason why I choose Nvidia. You might don't care about em' but they make my gaming experience so much better.

    Adaptive vsync

    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=adaptive+vsync+linus

    TXAA

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzOb252sIco

    PhysX

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STi6rNeYZrY I made this video myself!

    And I'm enjoying it so much! I just turned the desktop on, and my GPU is only 24 celsius hot with fans only running at 10%. Aaaah, the silence.



    Right, I am sold!!! GTX670 it is!!
  13. lostgamer_03 said:
    The Radeon 7970 by Gigabyte or the GTX 670 by ASUS? ^^


    Sorry, I mean I want a GTX670 :-) I should be more specific. I almost bought one, but I'm gonna wait for GTX770.
  14. sam_p_lay said:
    Sorry, I mean I want a GTX670 :-) I should be more specific. I almost bought one, but I'm gonna wait for GTX770.


    I should have too, but after just one week of gaming on a laptop I figured out I couldn't wait!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Nvidia Graphics