Closed Solved

Max tdp!!!!!!

hey i want to ask that if i upgrade my gpu from 200 watts to 500 watts then will my max tdp which is of 65 watts will be increased?????
19 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about tomshardware
  1. Please be clear i did not understand what you said
  2. ASHISH65 said:
    Please be clear i did not understand what you said

maybe he is saying that his psu rated 200W has tdp of 65W :heink:
  3. axel blaze said:
    hey i want to ask that if i upgrade my gpu from 200 watts to 500 watts then will my max tdp which is of 65 watts will be increased?????

no?
  4. when upgrading you power supply it will not change the tdp from 65w?
  5. I assume you are asking about your CPU's max TDP. It has no relation whatsoever to your power supply.

TDP = Thermal Design Power, the maximum power the processor can handle based on its designed capacity to dissipate heat.
  6. yes i wanted to ask that are tdp and gpu power supply related? And will tdp effect graphic card?
  7. Answer is No.if you upgrade to higher psu then the componets max tdp will never increase.your psu watts has no relation with others.
  8. will it effect graphics card performance???? like i want hd 6770 and it requires 108watts tdp while i have only 65 watts!!!!and please reply to my this post also http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=33&post=387418&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0
  9. Who said you that you have max tdp 65w?we have suggested to get hd 7750 not 6770.
  10. yes i know but on intel site i got max tdp 65 watts
  11. Are yaar its cpu tdp means your cpu has tdp of 65w.it has no relation with gpu tdp.
  12. TDP is different than wattage.
  13. ok thanks so simply from my last post suggest me psu for hd 7750 and 1 more thing is hd 7750 worth money for me in regard with my system specs????? will i be able to play high profile games like max payne 3,black ops 2,resident evil 6 etc
    at high settings
  14. Yes hd 7750 is good for price as it is less powerconsumption.it can max games upto 1368*768 resolution.
  15. ok thanks and psu suggestion????
  16. Best answer
    Get corsair cx 430w psu at 2.7k.
  17. Best answer selected by axel blaze.
  18. ok thanks!!!!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Graphics