Strange sound fron Nokia 6230

Last response: in Brands
July 12, 2005 11:51:52 AM

I have the Nokia 6230 as of Saturday. Nice phone. I get this strange
sound from the phone though. I only notice it at night. I have the phone
on silent at night; ring off, alarms off, vibrate off, everything off. But
still, at seemingly random times, the phone will make this noise like a
strange, low volume ring tone: gadung gadung gadung. I get a similar sound
sometimes when placing a call while in silent mode, just before the first
ring, lower volume than the random-timed sound. Anyone else experience
this? Know how to eliminate it?

Thanks,
Paul S.
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 12:55:31 AM

Hum... the only thing I can think of is its receiving a message near to
something else like a radio, TV or pc... is it next to your alarm clock?

Failing that... I had no idea :0)

"Paul Stivers" <pstivers3NOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have the Nokia 6230 as of Saturday. Nice phone. I get this strange
> sound from the phone though. I only notice it at night. I have the phone
> on silent at night; ring off, alarms off, vibrate off, everything off.
> But
> still, at seemingly random times, the phone will make this noise like a
> strange, low volume ring tone: gadung gadung gadung. I get a similar
> sound
> sometimes when placing a call while in silent mode, just before the first
> ring, lower volume than the random-timed sound. Anyone else experience
> this? Know how to eliminate it?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul S.
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 3:37:01 AM

"PV/JS" <pvbr21002@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Hum... the only thing I can think of is its receiving a message near
> to something else like a radio, TV or pc... is it next to your alarm
> clock?

Interesting. Thanks for the thought. The phone is near a wireless PC and
a radio alarm clock. But it has definitely made the tone noise while the
PC is hybernating and the radio and alarm are off. I have a type B
wireless access point in the room =:^). How about that? Don't know why it
does it only about once per hour.

Paul S.
July 15, 2005 4:45:13 PM

Paul Stivers wrote:
> "PV/JS" <pvbr21002@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hum... the only thing I can think of is its receiving a message near
>> to something else like a radio, TV or pc... is it next to your alarm
>> clock?
>>

> Interesting. Thanks for the thought. The phone is near a wireless
> PC and a radio alarm clock. But it has definitely made the tone
> noise while the PC is hybernating and the radio and alarm are off. I
> have a type B wireless access point in the room =:^). How about
> that? Don't know why it does it only about once per hour.
>
> Paul S.

If it is 'poling' breaking thru it will affect any audio circuit with power
on it..

Can always remember, many years ago, whenever I visited a contact I had if
my phone rung or was poled it use to wipe every television in the shop, so
they always knew I was there even if they hadn't seen me...

My newer phone isn't as bad but it still breaks thru if I'm on a landline...
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 3:52:27 AM

Paul Stivers <pstivers3NOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote:

> I have the Nokia 6230 as of Saturday. Nice phone. I get this strange
> sound from the phone though. I only notice it at night. I have the

I have to clear the 6230's good name. I brought my kid's Moto V551 up
stairs to the same room and got exactly the same sound. So it looks like
it's not specific to the phone model.

Paul S.
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 4:54:36 AM

Paul Stivers <pstivers3NOSPAM@comcast.net> wrote:

> I have the Nokia 6230 as of Saturday. Nice phone. I get this strange
> sound from the phone though. I only notice it at night.

Found the problem. I have a boom box sterio and CD casset changer. I had
the power on and set to CD. I set a 6620 (I upgraded from 6230. My wife
has the 6230 now.) next to it and a half hour later got the sound, pretty
loud!. Turned off the boom box. No moore problem. The phone was talking to
the boom box. I was thinking something was talking to the phone.

Paul S.
!