Hi.
I've just bought doom 3 loaded it fine.(expantion pack hasnt turned up yet
although it is ordered.) could some one please tell me can I use a game pad
with doom 3? I cannot fined anywhere to change the options and in controllers
there is nothing.
Also I have got a 6800GT 256mb pci-e card but I am getting a shutter in some
of the graphic. I would of thought a card of this spec would of handled it
perfectly.
The grapic setting are screen res1024 by 768 pix at 32 bit colour and only
on good quality in the game setting. I did try it set to ultra worked ok but
it still had a stutter in the picture.
Any help on this would be great.
Thanks
Thermaltake Xaser3
OCZ Powerstream 550W
+3.3v@28a +5v@40a +12v@33a
-12v@0.5a -5v@0.5a +5vsb@2.0a
MSI K8N Diamond Neo4
3200 Winchester 64bit
PC Cooler Universal (KD-42CU)with 120mm fan
GeForce 6800GT 256mb
1024mb Corsair TwinX 4000pro
WinTV-PVR 350
2 160BG Maxtor SATA
1 160GB Maxtor ATA
XP pro SP2 (32bit)

The ultra detail setting was designed for 512mb cards.

According to this post on Activision's website (Doom3's publisher), gamepads
are not supported.

https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=12727

"Phill" <Phill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
> I've just bought doom 3 loaded it fine.(expantion pack hasnt turned up yet
> although it is ordered.) could some one please tell me can I use a game
> pad
> with doom 3? I cannot fined anywhere to change the options and in
> controllers
> there is nothing.
> Also I have got a 6800GT 256mb pci-e card but I am getting a shutter in
> some
> of the graphic. I would of thought a card of this spec would of handled it
> perfectly.
> The grapic setting are screen res1024 by 768 pix at 32 bit colour and only
> on good quality in the game setting. I did try it set to ultra worked ok
> but
> it still had a stutter in the picture.
> Any help on this would be great.
> Thanks
> Thermaltake Xaser3
> OCZ Powerstream 550W
> +3.3v@28a +5v@40a +12v@33a
> -12v@0.5a -5v@0.5a +5vsb@2.0a
> MSI K8N Diamond Neo4
> 3200 Winchester 64bit
> PC Cooler Universal (KD-42CU)with 120mm fan
> GeForce 6800GT 256mb
> 1024mb Corsair TwinX 4000pro
> WinTV-PVR 350
> 2 160BG Maxtor SATA
> 1 160GB Maxtor ATA
> XP pro SP2 (32bit)

Game doesn't directly support a joypad. Your only hope might be either some
type of "button remapping" software (e.g. Logitech's Profiler program) that
came with the pad or alternatively one of the joystick-to-mouse/keyboard
type apps a simple google search should turn up. I'd expect "button
remapping" software to work reasonably well but the lag using one of the
generic joystick-to-*** programs might be too long.

In either case, I'd expect most mouse/keyboard users to frag joypad users no
problem. Joypad just isn't going to provide the fine control the
mouse/keyboard provides and with most fps PC games you need it.

"Phill" <Phill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
> I've just bought doom 3 loaded it fine.(expantion pack hasnt turned up yet
> although it is ordered.) could some one please tell me can I use a game
> pad
> with doom 3? I cannot fined anywhere to change the options and in
> controllers
> there is nothing.
> Also I have got a 6800GT 256mb pci-e card but I am getting a shutter in
> some
> of the graphic. I would of thought a card of this spec would of handled it
> perfectly.
> The grapic setting are screen res1024 by 768 pix at 32 bit colour and only
> on good quality in the game setting. I did try it set to ultra worked ok
> but
> it still had a stutter in the picture.
> Any help on this would be great.
> Thanks
> Thermaltake Xaser3
> OCZ Powerstream 550W
> +3.3v@28a +5v@40a +12v@33a
> -12v@0.5a -5v@0.5a +5vsb@2.0a
> MSI K8N Diamond Neo4
> 3200 Winchester 64bit
> PC Cooler Universal (KD-42CU)with 120mm fan
> GeForce 6800GT 256mb
> 1024mb Corsair TwinX 4000pro
> WinTV-PVR 350
> 2 160BG Maxtor SATA
> 1 160GB Maxtor ATA
> XP pro SP2 (32bit)

thanks for the info, dont really like the keyboard thats why I bought a
gamepad. never mind I will get used to it.
thanks again