Install Windows from a USB

Mar 6, 2013
Hello everyone.

Today, my new computer parts arrived, I upgraded my motherboard, CPU, hard drive and ram, im going to keep my Corsair PSU, GPU and Case.

But unfortunately I also have a problem

I started removing the old hardware from the case and when I got to the DVD Drive I noticed that it had the old IDE design, my old motherboard had some IDE slots but the new one doesn't even have 1.

Because of this I wont be able to install my windows using the cd, so im wondering if its possible to somehow install from a USB.

I have this small laptop with an optical drive and USB ports so if anything like that is possible I can use this laptop to manage the files and stuff.

I could buy a new DVD Drive but it might take a few days and I might have to wait till monday. So if there is a faster solution such as the USB I would much rather do it that way

The new parts:

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V
Memory:Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600MHz DDR3
CPU: Intel i5 3570k 3.4GHz
Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

I apologize if im posting in the wrong category.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jakevalerio

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
I was able to use this program :

http://www.poweriso.com/

And it took the .iso image and burned it to a USB drive which I then used to boot from. I tried using microsofts bootable program and it didn't work but poweriso worked for sure I have first hand experience with it, just make sure you open the bios and boot from the USB, and you need at least 4 gbs USB.

This method is also less intimidating compared from cmd prompts