G

Hi,
I need to upgrade memory on my Asus P3B-F (currently 128 MB PC100 DIMM). Would like to install 256 MB DIMM. Unfortunately PC100 mostly sold out or too expensive. Anybody who can tell me whether PC133 runs on this mobo?

Note: I searched the Web (also Tomshardware) and found some configs where this combination runs. But I am not sure whether it really works, whether I need specific RAM or whether I have to change something in the BIOS.

Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Faster memory speeds are backwards compatable. In fact I use PC133 on old 66MHz bus Petium MMX systems (some of the newer ones used SDRAM). In fact, your motherboard is overclockable and supports the PIII 1000EB (133MHz bus), should you decide to replace ALL your memory with PC133. So yes, it is compatable, and is also recommended.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

G

@upec, @crashman
Thanks for your answers. So I will buy PC133.

Indeed I have found anywhere the information that this board is overclockable. And indeed in the near future, I would like to replace the CPU by a PIII 1000 MHz. Asus says that PIII E is supported.
As I am no professional overclocker, I am not sure right now whether I will run the FSB with 133 MHz and what to do in detail (BIOS settings, cooler etc.).
But that's another story.
Thx again.