Can not find any games emulators that will run on windows ..

Hello I'm having a great deal of difficulty finding a emulator that will run
on my toshiba laptop. Dont ask me what specs it has all I know is it keeps
saying error loading. Also to look in internet for the identity of something
it does not know. The only one that will work is called console classix but
to play snes and megadrive games they want $5 a month there has to be free
ones out there. can anyone direct me in the right direction........please.

If you don't know what the specs are for the laptop, you may be in deep
trouble overall. Most games require minimum levels on graphics, CPU and
memory. I'd suggest before you go trying to track down "solutions" you take
a look at how to figure out what's on your system, and which games will
actually run on it. Read your documentation, check the Toshiba web site for
details and learn what the limitations are - then begin.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"sweeve" <sweeve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello I'm having a great deal of difficulty finding a emulator that will
> run
> on my toshiba laptop. Dont ask me what specs it has all I know is it keeps
> saying error loading. Also to look in internet for the identity of
> something
> it does not know. The only one that will work is called console classix
> but
> to play snes and megadrive games they want $5 a month there has to be free
> ones out there. can anyone direct me in the right direction........please.

I know nothing about megadrive games but SNES9X works very well as a SNES
emulator. Allowed me to play Donkey Kong (1,2 & 3) on my pc no problems.
Without knowing more about your laptop, no idea how milage might vary.

As far as getting the games themselves. They're ROM image files of the
original games. That means most are illegal, hence not readily available.
That said, you can find them for downloading but the problem is the "fake
pages", search engine links, pop-ups, etc. etc. you might have to endure
before you find any games themselves.