Motherboard and graphics issue

blcman

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
Hello, I built my rig with an MSI Z77a-g41 main board with an Intel core i5 3570 and an evga gtx 650 ti all powered by a 600w power supply and just recently I've had some problems.

-VGA works in any display
-HDMI only works in one display (own two Toshiba televisions and an HP 24" monitor. The HDMI works on the older of the two TVs)
- Gtx 650 ti displays bios splash screen but screen goes blank after.

I'm really confused on what to do now any help would be appreciated.

dadenuk

Honorable
Mar 5, 2013
600W sounds a little light, depending what else you have in your box... could try something a bit meatier (750+ W).

Does the mobo have on-board gfx? Pull the 650, clear cmos (to enable if it's disabled) and boot with that...

Got another, known working, pc you can hook up to the tv/monitors to check if it's them or the PC?

blcman

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
The thing is I was running everything fine a couple days ago, then randomly while watching a fullscreen video on youtube the display started flickering on my newer Toshiba TV then when i restarted it no longer displayed from the 650ti. It still puts a signal out, just no image.

HOWEVER
the same thing happens with the HDMI on my motherboard it puts a signal out (most of the time) just a blank image. The VGA on the motherboard for some reason works fine.

I've tried other devices on my TV and they work fine, I have no other computer to try on it though.
I removed the cmos and reinserted it and it reset the bios and nothing changed. Only after a couple reinstallation of drivers the HDMI stopped sending a signal.
Removed the cmos again and the signal returned to the TV from the motherboard.
The concerning thing is like i said before, The MSI Military Class III splash screen and the click bios can be viewed on the TV sometimes, but Windows will not display any image no matter what I do.