Sign in with
Your question

Issue regarding my (most likely) graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 16, 2013 5:52:14 PM

I have an issue with my graphics card (MSI GTX670 factory overclocked) while playing games. I can play just fine for a couple of minutes but after that either of the next 2 things happen.
1. everything keeps working but i hear my gpu fan turning off and my screen turns black for a couple of seconds, after which i regain control over the computer.
2. my screen turns red and everything basically stops, and i have to turn my pc off and back on again.

I think this has to do with overheating but I'm not quite sure since nothing is overclocked, and a stock cooler works for friends who have the same graphics card.

I don't think it is my processor since that is cooled by a Mugen 3, which should do its job just fine.

The rest of my components are:

Modded antec 300
Intel Core i7 3770
8GB of ballistix ram
MSI GTX670
Asus P8 Z77-V le plus.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : issue graphics card

a b U Graphics card
January 16, 2013 5:59:33 PM

Monitor the temperatures, reinstall the drivers?
January 16, 2013 6:10:49 PM

Could also be power. If your PSU can't handle the full load of the GPU, it could exhibit those symptoms. It could also be a defective card. Can you check it in a friend's computer?
Related resources
January 16, 2013 6:43:50 PM

I will try that, PSU is an 850 watt cooler master silent pro m2, so I heavily doubt if it could be the power
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2013 12:16:49 AM

What are the temperatures of the graphics card? Install your graphics card in a different computer and see if the problem still exists. I think there was a power fluctuation and it damaged the card.
!