Those Damed Helicopters

Last response: in Video Games
August 25, 2005 9:54:28 PM

Guys,
Anyone have a good strategy for defending against helicopter attacks. I've
seen many good games ruined when one team jumps from flag to flag with a
helicopter and captures all the flags before our team gets a chance to
respond. I've, to date, shot down one helicopter with an extremely lucky
tank shot. (He will never hover there again...) I've hit those damned things
with more hand held rockets than I can count and never seem to do any
damage.
I want to know what works..
Thanks,
Squat

More about : damed helicopters

Anonymous
August 25, 2005 9:54:29 PM

If they are well stocked with Medics and engineers- not much a single
person or an uncoordinated squad can do. Otherwise heat-seeking
missles, AT kit and heavy machine guns do damage. I shot one down with
a main battle gun of a tank also. With H60s shooting gunners in windows
is key and of course snipers can take out pilots through the plexy. Key
is to do a lot of damage quickly so they can't repair fast enough.
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 9:54:29 PM

generall speaking, if you've got a good transport machinegun or a well
positioned support person, they can spray the interior cabin with mg
rounds and kill most of the crew (minus the pilot). assuming the pilot
isn't the squad leader, killing off the crew is usually effective to
scare off the BH.

i've given up on the destroying the BH, especially if engineers are
onboard. killing the crew is more effective.

i haven't successfully don the AT-round to the BH tire yet, but am
anticipating an opportunity on Mashtur one of these days.
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 9:54:29 PM

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:54:28 GMT, "Squat" <Squat@yeahright.com> wrote:

>Guys,
>Anyone have a good strategy for defending against helicopter attacks. I've
>seen many good games ruined when one team jumps from flag to flag with a
>helicopter and captures all the flags before our team gets a chance to
>respond. I've, to date, shot down one helicopter with an extremely lucky
>tank shot. (He will never hover there again...) I've hit those damned things
>with more hand held rockets than I can count and never seem to do any
>damage.
>I want to know what works..
>Thanks,
>Squat

C4 the tops of flags.
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 11:01:30 PM

In article <1124995341.425163.213170@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
burnsdavidj@yahoo.com says...
> i haven't successfully don the AT-round to the BH tire yet, but am
> anticipating an opportunity on Mashtur one of these days.

it works ,i can confirm that.
Get out the way before that chopper will drop on your head :-)
--
Tiny Pat
Anonymous

"Squat" <Squat@yeahright.com> wrote in message
news:o BnPe.7555$ZG2.1484123@twister.nyc.rr.com...
> Guys,
> Anyone have a good strategy for defending against helicopter attacks. I've
> seen many good games ruined when one team jumps from flag to flag with a
> helicopter and captures all the flags before our team gets a chance to
> respond.

3 AT guys with simultaneous shots OR
1 Shot with a fixed rocket (I forget the name) OR
1 AT shot at a Tyre if it's a Blackhawk OR

L.
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 12:29:27 AM

<burnsdavidj@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> i haven't successfully don the AT-round to the BH tire yet, but am
> anticipating an opportunity on Mashtur one of these days.

It works, but only if they hover nicely.

tIf you just want to kill thre crew there is always m203 or grenade toss
inside too. Pilot will just go back to the spawn and pick 'em up though, so
you need a squad member ready with the C4.

Lorian.
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 12:58:57 AM

Squat wrote:
> Guys,
> Anyone have a good strategy for defending against helicopter attacks.

Hits from AT tend to disturb all but the calmest of pilots, doesn't kill
them but might drive them off a flag.

The game is somewhat unbalanced in terms of defending against all air
vehicles.
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 12:58:58 AM

Robert Moir wrote:

> Hits from AT tend to disturb all but the calmest of pilots, doesn't kill
> them but might drive them off a flag.

Right. I've found a grenade launcher hit tends to drive them off as
well, not so much that it does a huge amount of damage but they know
there's more coming and they're obviously exposed.

--
Erik Max Francis && max@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
I woke up this morning / You were the first thing on my mind

Lorian wrote:
> <burnsdavidj@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>

>>i haven't successfully don the AT-round to the BH tire yet, but am
>>anticipating an opportunity on Mashtur one of these days.
>

> It works, but only if they hover nicely.
>
> tIf you just want to kill thre crew there is always m203 or grenade toss
> inside too. Pilot will just go back to the spawn and pick 'em up though, so
> you need a squad member ready with the C4.
>
> Lorian.

I must admit it was very rewarding the first time I shot players out of
a BH. I normally play support so just as soon as one comes close I'll
spray the dame thing. Most pilots will vier away with a Saw peppering
their backside... gets damned uncomfortable with bullets pining around
the cockpit.

--

Regards Pendragon...
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.morrish

TSS. Pendragon wrote:

> I must admit it was very rewarding the first time I shot players out of
> a BH. I normally play support so just as soon as one comes close I'll
> spray the dame thing. Most pilots will vier away with a Saw peppering
> their backside... gets damned uncomfortable with bullets pining around
> the cockpit.

Yeah. The Russian transport chopper has the open back, and if it's full
of guys can you plug 'em pretty good if the chopper's back is to you. I
sailed an antitank missile in the open back of an enemy chopper on
Mashtuur which was trying to capture one of our points and started
laughing pretty hard as a bunch of corpses fell out.

--
Erik Max Francis && max@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
I woke up this morning / You were the first thing on my mind
-- India Arie
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 1:38:27 AM

Tiny Pat wrote:

> it works ,i can confirm that.
> Get out the way before that chopper will drop on your head :-)

Speaking from your own experience? ;-)

regards,

Achtung Ecco
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 12:03:13 PM

In article <430e1c0d$0$22950$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net>,
nospam@lorian.nod says...
> tIf you just want to kill thre crew there is always m203 or grenade toss
> inside too. Pilot will just go back to the spawn and pick 'em up though, so
> you need a squad member ready with the C4.

If that pilot is squadleader they can spawn back in the chopper though.
--
Tiny Pat
Anonymous

In article <k4gsg15k4oglu4e79akg39thqtidt6vfsh@4ax.com>, me@key.com says...
> C4 the tops of flags.

Was trying that ,cannot manage to get it to stick near the top,
only 1 meter above the ground or so.
Any hints? :)
--
Tiny Pat
Anonymous

Tiny Pat wrote:
> In article <k4gsg15k4oglu4e79akg39thqtidt6vfsh@4ax.com>, me@key.com says...
>
>>C4 the tops of flags.
>

> Was trying that ,cannot manage to get it to stick near the top,
> only 1 meter above the ground or so.
> Any hints? :)

My next weapon unlock will the support PKM when I make sargeant. Concentrated MG fire in
my experience has been the best way to take them down and drive them off. As mentioned
by others it damages the chopper and kills the occupants as well.

I really wish EA / DICE would change the way helos can capture flags in the next patch
by simply requiring the passengers to all GET OUT and put their feet on the ground in
order to receive the faster capture rate. You want to stay in the chopper with your
whole crew? Fine. But you only capture at the rate of a singel person, not an entire
squad. This one tweak to the game would even gameplay tremendously and make the ground
troops more meaningful in those larger maps loaded with aircraft.

How many times have you seen your team lose simply because the other team had a few good
pilots and yours didn't? I realize that the best way to counter most tactics in BF2 is
to fight fire with fire, so I've also been practicing my flight skills. My helo
abilility is slowly improving, but I can't believe how some folks can fly those jets so
effectively as they really move so damn fast! I guess it's not hard to imagine that
there are some other flight sims or shooters that have provided good cross training for
being a BF2 fighter ace.
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 12:59:26 PM

"Squat" <Squat@yeahright.com> wrote in message
news:o BnPe.7555$ZG2.1484123@twister.nyc.rr.com...
> Guys,
> Anyone have a good strategy for defending against helicopter attacks. I've
> seen many good games ruined when one team jumps from flag to flag with a
> helicopter and captures all the flags before our team gets a chance to
> respond. I've, to date, shot down one helicopter with an extremely lucky
> tank shot. (He will never hover there again...) I've hit those damned
> things with more hand held rockets than I can count and never seem to do
> any damage.
> I want to know what works..
> Thanks,
> Squat

Lock on with AA missile, if available. Helo will drop a flare. When he does
fire the missile at the helo. He will then likely manuever. He can't
manuever and cap a flag at the same time.

A lot of times, I'll spray the cabin with my trusty PKM. Kills the crew and
drives the helo away.
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 2:17:57 PM

Tiny Pat <flyace@pi.be.NO> wrote:

>> C4 the tops of flags.
>
> Was trying that ,cannot manage to get it to stick near the top,
> only 1 meter above the ground or so.

Get somebody to fly you there with a helo?

Juergen Nieveler
--
the FRU is visiting the dentist thus, the fox finds his hole therefore
Frodo Z steals CALCM,blackjack and Platform.

In article <Xns96BE790EB9B43juergennieveler@nieveler.org>,
juergen.nieveler.nospam@arcor.de says...
> Get somebody to fly you there with a helo?

i hate all things that can fly :-)
--
Tiny Pat
Anonymous

Rasmus Dyhr Frederiksen <nospam@nospam.no> wrote:

>> i hate all things that can fly :-)
>
> That's one of the reasons why Strike at Kharkand is such a good map
> ;-)

Imagine Kharkand with some nice small helos, like the MD500 and Gazelle
in DC. Not stupidly overarmed and armoured like the Apaches, only
machineguns - but small enough to fly through the streets at low level.

THAT would be fun :-)

Juergen Nieveler
--
ASCII stupid question... get a stupid ANSI
Anonymous

Tiny Pat wrote:
> In article <Xns96BE790EB9B43juergennieveler@nieveler.org>,
> juergen.nieveler.nospam@arcor.de says...
>
>>Get somebody to fly you there with a helo?
>
> i hate all things that can fly :-)

That's one of the reasons why Strike at Kharkand is such a good map ;-)

regards,

Achtung Ecco
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 5:40:18 PM

Juergen Nieveler <juergen.nieveler.nospam@arcor.de> wrote in

> Imagine Kharkand with some nice small helos, like the MD500 and Gazelle
> in DC. Not stupidly overarmed and armoured like the Apaches, only
> machineguns - but small enough to fly through the streets at low level.

Hehe, yep. I'd love to see some of the DC maps converted to BF2.
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 8:26:08 PM

Squat wrote:
> Guys,
> Anyone have a good strategy for defending against helicopter attacks. I've
> seen many good games ruined when one team jumps from flag to flag with a
> helicopter and captures all the flags before our team gets a chance to
> respond. I've, to date, shot down one helicopter with an extremely lucky
> tank shot. (He will never hover there again...) I've hit those damned things
> with more hand held rockets than I can count and never seem to do any
> damage.
> I want to know what works..
> Thanks,
> Squat

Well with two engineers beavering away in the rear you as a single
soldier probably can't bring one down with anything other then the
Tunguska/Linebacker as they can salvo 4 AA missles backed with a rapid
fire cannon.
Your best contribution is to put the heaviest fire on them you can and
hope for someone else to fire them up also. 2 Hvy vehicle MG's even the
dune buggy, can bring a helo down faster then it can be repaired. The
only way I managed to do it solo other then an AA tank was to pop of my
AT missle and then jump into the jeep near me and hammer it with the .50
cal. Rake along the gun and open doors and kill crewmen, before those
engies respawn you can usually take the helo down.
That said if they get in low or somewhere they can't just race away
because of crowded conditions the grenade launcher is grand for emptying
the helo and the third or fourth round will explode it. (the 'nade
launcher is good for this because it has a high rate of fire).
On some maps you can get high ground and catch helos level or lower
then you. 2 guys manning both jeep MG's if given a reasonable amount of
time on target can wreck and drive off if not outright destroy a helo.
On Fushe pass for instance get above the factory on the yank side, one
man the AA site out front, if someone else rols the linebacker down the
hill you can destroy all aircraft, even jets by making a line of death,
sa you will have 6 AA missles, an autocannon, and 2 hvy MG's firing on a
single target. you can cut the enemies usable airspace by 1/3 and cover
your own to a far enough range that the ticket count will favour your
side and you win.
All the aircraft maps have a place where you can concentrate AA
firepower and control about a third of the usuable airspace. The catch
is it takes about 4 dedicated troops and you can't leave -best bet is to
be at least half AT guys in case armour attacks your way. Always you
should use the 'Spotted' command as this puts the helo or jet up on the
mini map for friendly air to manuever against. This is the reason you
have voice coms in this game too. I have spent many games getting only 5
or 6 kills by standing to my AA duties but being the agent of
destruction for almost all the air kills in a game by damaging them or
spotting them or they lose flags by being forced to retreat for repairs.
I usually rank in the top percentile for AA and ground defense as I will
spawn as an engie or AT guy and sit in an AA/TOW site for a long time.
Get a site near a choke point and you have it made lay your mines ( be
prepared to pick them up to let friendly vehicles through) and man you
turret.
See you on the field.
Mr.Nemo
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 8:26:09 PM

--clip--
> I usually rank in the top percentile for AA and ground defense as I will
> spawn as an engie or AT guy and sit in an AA/TOW site for a long time. Get
> a site near a choke point and you have it made lay your mines ( be
> prepared to pick them up to let friendly vehicles through) and man you
> turret.
> See you on the field.
> Mr.Nemo

Ok, stupid question, how do you pick up mines??
Squat.
August 26, 2005 8:26:10 PM

> --clip--
>> I usually rank in the top percentile for AA and ground defense as I will
>> spawn as an engie or AT guy and sit in an AA/TOW site for a long time.
>> Get a site near a choke point and you have it made lay your mines ( be
>> prepared to pick them up to let friendly vehicles through) and man you
>> turret.
>> See you on the field.
>> Mr.Nemo
>
> Ok, stupid question, how do you pick up mines??
> Squat.

Use your wrench. Squat (no pun intended) with your wrench and aim it at the
mine (the yellow circle should get bigger) then start cranking the wrench
and the mine will disappear from the ground. Same as in BF42 but it takes
longer (have to turn the wrench longer) for the mine to be picked up than in
bf42.
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 8:26:11 PM

Nonymous wrote:
> "Squat" <Squat@yeahright.com> wrote in message

> Use your wrench. Squat (no pun intended) with your wrench and aim it at the
> mine (the yellow circle should get bigger) then start cranking the wrench
> and the mine will disappear from the ground. Same as in BF42 but it takes
> longer (have to turn the wrench longer) for the mine to be picked up than in
> bf42.

Good tip - somehow I missed that in the rich documentation that comes
with the game.

regards,

Achtung Ecco
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 8:26:12 PM

In article <430f0c12$0$43481$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk>, nospam@nospam.no
says...

> Good tip - somehow I missed that in the rich documentation that comes
> with the game.

roflol
--
Tiny Pat
Anonymous

"Nonymous" <noham@nospam.com> wrote in message

> "Squat" <Squat@yeahright.com> wrote in message
>> --clip--
>>> I usually rank in the top percentile for AA and ground defense as I will
>>> spawn as an engie or AT guy and sit in an AA/TOW site for a long time.
>>> Get a site near a choke point and you have it made lay your mines ( be
>>> prepared to pick them up to let friendly vehicles through) and man you
>>> turret.
>>> See you on the field.
>>> Mr.Nemo
>>
>> Ok, stupid question, how do you pick up mines??
>> Squat.
>
> Use your wrench. Squat (no pun intended) with your wrench and aim it at
> the mine (the yellow circle should get bigger) then start cranking the
> wrench and the mine will disappear from the ground. Same as in BF42 but
> it takes longer (have to turn the wrench longer) for the mine to be picked
> up than in bf42.

Ahh, Thank you, I guess you can not pick up C4 if you are Special Forces
troop.

See online
Squat

August 27, 2005 12:07:40 AM

"Squat" <Squat@yeahright.com> wrote in message
news:D EKPe.19617$%w.12570@twister.nyc.rr.com...

> "Nonymous" <noham@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Squat" <Squat@yeahright.com> wrote in message
>>> --clip--
>>>
>>> Ok, stupid question, how do you pick up mines??
>>> Squat.
>>
>> Use your wrench. Squat (no pun intended) with your wrench and aim it at
>> the mine (the yellow circle should get bigger) then start cranking the
>> wrench and the mine will disappear from the ground. Same as in BF42 but
>> it takes longer (have to turn the wrench longer) for the mine to be
>> picked up than in bf42.
>
> Ahh, Thank you, I guess you can not pick up C4 if you are Special Forces
> troop.

Nope, Spec Ops can't pick up C4, even their own that they just placed. It's
a common complaint. I just read in a different thread that Engineers can
pick up both C4 and Claymores. Never tried it (yet) so don't know if that's
true.
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 12:29:29 AM

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> Juergen Nieveler <juergen.nieveler.nospam@arcor.de> wrote in
>

>>Imagine Kharkand with some nice small helos, like the MD500 and Gazelle
>>in DC. Not stupidly overarmed and armoured like the Apaches, only
>>machineguns - but small enough to fly through the streets at low level.
>

> Hehe, yep. I'd love to see some of the DC maps converted to BF2.

It's the type of thing you can get up to on Joint Ops, helos are a lot
easer to fly on Novagames... No Jets but motorbikes are fun :)

--

Regards Pendragon...
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.morrish
www.tssclan.co.uk
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 12:43:03 AM

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:32:44 +0200, Tiny Pat <flyace@pi.be.NO> wrote:

> In article <Xns96BE790EB9B43juergennieveler@nieveler.org>,
> juergen.nieveler.nospam@arcor.de says...
>> Get somebody to fly you there with a helo?
>
> i hate all things that can fly :-)

Didn't you ues to call youre selfe Flyace? :)

--
Flashhart
Anonymous

In article <op.sv4ox1jtkw08ou@kjetil>, Flashhart@spamtrap.no says...
> > i hate all things that can fly :-)
>
> Didn't you ues to call youre selfe Flyace? :)

Yes ,but that had nothing to do with flying but with Formula 1 :-)
-> Qualifying <-> hotlap <-> flying over the circuit etc...
--
Tiny Pat
Anonymous

Tiny Pat wrote:
> In article <k4gsg15k4oglu4e79akg39thqtidt6vfsh@4ax.com>, me@key.com says...
>
>>C4 the tops of flags.
>

> Was trying that ,cannot manage to get it to stick near the top,
> only 1 meter above the ground or so.
> Any hints? :)
sprint, jump, toss..aim a bit to the right of the pole when you throw.
On clean sweep you can defend the MEC airifield by doing that to the two
trees near the flag.....
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 7:56:44 PM

ace72ace wrote:
> Tiny Pat wrote:
>
>> In article <k4gsg15k4oglu4e79akg39thqtidt6vfsh@4ax.com>, me@key.com
>> says...
>>
>>> C4 the tops of flags.
>>

>> Was trying that ,cannot manage to get it to stick near the top,
>> only 1 meter above the ground or so.
>> Any hints? :)
>

> My next weapon unlock will the support PKM when I make sargeant.
> Concentrated MG fire in my experience has been the best way to take them
> down and drive them off. As mentioned by others it damages the chopper
> and kills the occupants as well.
>
> I really wish EA / DICE would change the way helos can capture flags in
> the next patch by simply requiring the passengers to all GET OUT and put
> their feet on the ground in order to receive the faster capture rate.
> You want to stay in the chopper with your whole crew? Fine. But you only
> capture at the rate of a singel person, not an entire squad. This one
> tweak to the game would even gameplay tremendously and make the ground
> troops more meaningful in those larger maps loaded with aircraft.
>
> How many times have you seen your team lose simply because the other
> team had a few good pilots and yours didn't? I realize that the best way
> to counter most tactics in BF2 is to fight fire with fire, so I've also
> been practicing my flight skills. My helo abilility is slowly improving,
> but I can't believe how some folks can fly those jets so effectively as
> they really move so damn fast! I guess it's not hard to imagine that
> there are some other flight sims or shooters that have provided good
> cross training for being a BF2 fighter ace.
yeah boots on the ground to capture, and while your at it make them
force jets to land to re-arm....
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 7:59:02 PM

Tiny Pat wrote:
> In article <Xns96BE790EB9B43juergennieveler@nieveler.org>,
> juergen.nieveler.nospam@arcor.de says...
>
>>Get somebody to fly you there with a helo?
>

> i hate all things that can fly :-)
You can also stand on a hummer and jump
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 8:01:29 PM

Squat wrote:
> --clip--
>
>>I usually rank in the top percentile for AA and ground defense as I will
>>spawn as an engie or AT guy and sit in an AA/TOW site for a long time. Get
>>a site near a choke point and you have it made lay your mines ( be
>>prepared to pick them up to let friendly vehicles through) and man you
>>turret.
>>See you on the field.
>>Mr.Nemo
>

> Ok, stupid question, how do you pick up mines??
> Squat.

with the wrench...you can even do it standing just go to the mine look
down with the wrench ready and when the single yellow circle turns to a
double yellow circle press fire and one crank of the wrench picks the
mine up. this does not work for C4 however. I don't know about claymores
if approached from the rear but I doubt it. You can remove your or enemy
mines though for sure.
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 8:03:11 PM

Nonymous wrote:
> "Squat" <Squat@yeahright.com> wrote in message
>
>>--clip--
>>
>>>I usually rank in the top percentile for AA and ground defense as I will
>>>spawn as an engie or AT guy and sit in an AA/TOW site for a long time.
>>>Get a site near a choke point and you have it made lay your mines ( be
>>>prepared to pick them up to let friendly vehicles through) and man you
>>>turret.
>>>See you on the field.
>>>Mr.Nemo
>>
>>Ok, stupid question, how do you pick up mines??
>>Squat.
>

> Use your wrench. Squat (no pun intended) with your wrench and aim it at the
> mine (the yellow circle should get bigger) then start cranking the wrench
> and the mine will disappear from the ground. Same as in BF42 but it takes
> longer (have to turn the wrench longer) for the mine to be picked up than in
> bf42.

no squating needed, and if you are very close and look right down at the
mine you pick it up almost instantly....
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 8:05:45 PM

TSS. Pendragon wrote:
> ScratchMonkey wrote:
>
>> Juergen Nieveler <juergen.nieveler.nospam@arcor.de> wrote in
>>

>>> Imagine Kharkand with some nice small helos, like the MD500 and Gazelle
>>> in DC. Not stupidly overarmed and armoured like the Apaches, only
>>> machineguns - but small enough to fly through the streets at low level.
>>

>> Hehe, yep. I'd love to see some of the DC maps converted to BF2.
>

> It's the type of thing you can get up to on Joint Ops, helos are a lot
> easer to fly on Novagames... No Jets but motorbikes are fun :)

I still want a flame thrower for karkand......and fully deformable
terrain so I can mouse hole my way through the city, yeah me and the
flamethrower guy....
August 28, 2005 7:58:02 AM

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:01:29 -0500, "Mr. Nemo"
<OldChieftain@hotmail.SPAM.com> wrote:

>Squat wrote:
>> --clip--
>>
>>>I usually rank in the top percentile for AA and ground defense as I will
>>>spawn as an engie or AT guy and sit in an AA/TOW site for a long time. Get
>>>a site near a choke point and you have it made lay your mines ( be
>>>prepared to pick them up to let friendly vehicles through) and man you
>>>turret.
>>>See you on the field.
>>>Mr.Nemo
>>

>> Ok, stupid question, how do you pick up mines??
>> Squat.
>>

>with the wrench...you can even do it standing just go to the mine look
>down with the wrench ready and when the single yellow circle turns to a
>double yellow circle press fire and one crank of the wrench picks the
>mine up. this does not work for C4 however. I don't know about claymores
>if approached from the rear but I doubt it. You can remove your or enemy
>mines though for sure.

Who the hell would try and pick up C4 anyway, if its there ........ so
is the owner

/Solidus
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 3:33:47 PM

<Solidus> wrote in message
> On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:01:29 -0500, "Mr. Nemo"
> <OldChieftain@hotmail.SPAM.com> wrote:
>
>>Squat wrote:
>>> --clip--

>>> Ok, stupid question, how do you pick up mines??
>>> Squat.
>>>

>>with the wrench...you can even do it standing just go to the mine look
>>down with the wrench ready and when the single yellow circle turns to a
>>double yellow circle press fire and one crank of the wrench picks the
>>mine up. this does not work for C4 however. I don't know about claymores
>>if approached from the rear but I doubt it. You can remove your or enemy
>>mines though for sure.
>
> Who the hell would try and pick up C4 anyway, if its there ........ so
> is the owner
>
> /Solidus

I have wanted to pick up my own c4 before to reposition it in a better spot.
Depends upon the circumstances.
Squat
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 5:30:45 PM

> I have wanted to pick up my own c4 before to reposition it in a better
> spot. Depends upon the circumstances.

Yep, esp. if you've just taken a flag and now run the risk of blowing up
friendlies with it.
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 3:10:18 PM

<Solidus> wrote in message
> Who the hell would try and pick up C4 anyway, if its there ........ so
> is the owner

Not so. Often SpecOps guys will throw a couple of C4 at the base of a flag
and then run off elsewhere to fight. If they hear the flag overrun message,
they check the map, and if it is the flag they spiked (and there are no
friendlies there) they pop the C4. Have done it myself and collected 4 kills
in one bang.

On Gulf of Oman (32 player map) I've seen this done often at the hotel flag.
Twice I've run in there to cap it and noticed C4 bags on the ground. The
trick here is to jump into the swimming pool as you are still close enough
to the flag to cap it, but when the C4 blows it won't kill you. It will blur
your vision, but you can recover from that.
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 3:10:19 PM

In article <HWtQe.2251$tB5.778@okepread06>, OldChieftain@hotmail.SPAM.com
says...
> hehe, I will now always drop one in the pool too....

My thought exactly :-)
--
Tiny Pat
!