The Sims

When i was trying to install this game, it said
"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT" is not compatible. Can Someone help?!
5 answers Last reply
More about sims

    Jimmy has posted this solution in this newsgroup many times:
    =====

    Here's an easy method to solve that error:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit

    If that doesn't correct the issue, try this manual method:

    1. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\repair
    Right-Click and Copy the file named: autoexec.nt *

    2. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\System32
    Right-Click in that window to Paste the file
    (Answer yes if prompted to replace existing file)

    * Note: If the file autoexec.nt doesn't exist on your system
    right click the link below and select the "Save Target As.."
    option to save the file in C:\WINDOWS\System32
    http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/AUTOEXEC.NT

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    =====

    Sometimes doing a little search will reveal the solution. 8-)
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Jack" <skskyline50@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > When i was trying to install this game, it said
    > "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT" is not compatible. Can Someone help?!

    I think we all have!!!
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Jimmy has posted this solution in this newsgroup many times:
    > =====
    >
    > Here's an easy method to solve that error:
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit
    >
    > If that doesn't correct the issue, try this manual method:
    >
    > 1. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\repair
    > Right-Click and Copy the file named: autoexec.nt *
    >
    > 2. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\System32
    > Right-Click in that window to Paste the file
    > (Answer yes if prompted to replace existing file)
    >

    > * Note: If the file autoexec.nt doesn't exist on your system
    > right click the link below and select the "Save Target As.."
    > option to save the file in C:\WINDOWS\System32
    > http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/AUTOEXEC.NT
    >
    > --
    > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    > =====
    >
    > Sometimes doing a little search will reveal the solution. 8-)
    > --
    > Chris H.
    > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    > Associate Expert
    >

    > "Jack" <skskyline50@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> When i was trying to install this game, it said
    >> "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT" is not compatible. Can Someone help?!

    Hi Jack,

    "Jack" <skskyline50@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23JihVU4oFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    | When i was trying to install this game, it said
    | "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT" is not compatible. Can Someone help?!

    Here's an easy method to solve that error:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit

    If that doesn't correct the issue, try this manual method:

    1. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\repair
    Right-Click and Copy the file named: autoexec.nt *

    2. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\System32
    Right-Click in that window to Paste the file
    (Answer yes if prompted to replace existing file)

    * Note: If the file autoexec.nt doesn't exist on your system
    right click the link below and select the "Save Target As.."
    option to save the file in C:\WINDOWS\System32
    http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/AUTOEXEC.NT

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    8-)
    --

    >I think we all have!!!
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    *chuckles* :-)

    Cheers,
    Jimmy.

    "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e2fIR$6oFHA.3756@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    | 8-)
    | --
    | Chris H.
    | Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    | Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
    | Associate Expert
    | Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    |

    | "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
    | >I think we all have!!!
    | > --
    | > Cari (MS-MVP)
    | > Printing & Imaging

Sims Games System32 Microsoft Compatibility Windows XP