Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

When i was trying to install this game, it said
"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT" is not compatible. Can Someone help?!

Jimmy has posted this solution in this newsgroup many times:
=====

Here's an easy method to solve that error:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit

If that doesn't correct the issue, try this manual method:

1. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\repair
Right-Click and Copy the file named: autoexec.nt *

2. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\System32
Right-Click in that window to Paste the file
(Answer yes if prompted to replace existing file)

* Note: If the file autoexec.nt doesn't exist on your system
right click the link below and select the "Save Target As.."
option to save the file in C:\WINDOWS\System32
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/AUTOEXEC.NT

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
=====

Sometimes doing a little search will reveal the solution. :cool:
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Jack" <skskyline50@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> When i was trying to install this game, it said
> "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT" is not compatible. Can Someone help?!

I think we all have!!!
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Jimmy has posted this solution in this newsgroup many times:
> =====
>
> Here's an easy method to solve that error:
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit
>
> If that doesn't correct the issue, try this manual method:
>
> 1. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\repair
> Right-Click and Copy the file named: autoexec.nt *
>
> 2. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\System32
> Right-Click in that window to Paste the file
> (Answer yes if prompted to replace existing file)
>

> * Note: If the file autoexec.nt doesn't exist on your system
> right click the link below and select the "Save Target As.."
> option to save the file in C:\WINDOWS\System32
> http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/AUTOEXEC.NT
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
> =====
>
> Sometimes doing a little search will reveal the solution. :cool:
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "Jack" <skskyline50@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> When i was trying to install this game, it said
>> "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT" is not compatible. Can Someone help?!

Hi Jack,

"Jack" <skskyline50@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23JihVU4oFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| When i was trying to install this game, it said
| "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT" is not compatible. Can Someone help?!

Here's an easy method to solve that error:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit

If that doesn't correct the issue, try this manual method:

1. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\repair
Right-Click and Copy the file named: autoexec.nt *

2. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\System32
Right-Click in that window to Paste the file
(Answer yes if prompted to replace existing file)

* Note: If the file autoexec.nt doesn't exist on your system
right click the link below and select the "Save Target As.."
option to save the file in C:\WINDOWS\System32
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/AUTOEXEC.NT

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms