Closed Solved

Windows Wont Boot After New Video Card Install

So I had a GTX 550ti in my new computer I built. My cousin (this year) got me a Christmas present. The present was a gtx 660, I promptly(once receiving it) uninstalled the drivers. I than threw the new card in, however, once I restart my computer it simply cycles from BIOS to a screen that says "loading operating system." That it simply loops over and over going from BIOS to that message. I have given my old card to my younger brother (the 550 TI). So I put in a old one that was lying around (ATI Radeon 4850.) Computer booted up in windows just fine. So I figured DOA and RMA'd the video card back. I just got the video card back after almost three weeks. I made sure all ATI drivers were uninstalled, I than put the 660 in and waited for the beautiful generic display come up, BOOM ..not a damn thing. Perhaps I need to reinstall windows? I used driver sweeper also! I don't know what else to do?! I'm pretty sure its something with windows, perhaps its another bad card? HELP!!

p.s. My power supply is 730 watts which is plenty.

-Mike
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows wont boot video card install
  1. Best answer
    It wouldn't surprise me that the card you got back was defective too. I've had it happen with other components. Unless they sent you a brand new card, they probably just sent some "refurbished" card they had on the shelf. I'd send it back for refund and buy a new one.
  2. Yeah, I'm guess that is it also. I have (since than) reinstalled my operating system. The card still doesn't display. Perhaps there is a setting in which the card becomes idle? I'm not sure what else could be the problem.
  3. Best answer selected by taurinemike.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics Cards Computer Graphics